Divorced man wants donated organ back...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tikgnat, Jan 9, 2009.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Read this and tell me what you think.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Divorce man 'wants kidney back'

What would you do? Do you think this is justified? I'm of two minds about this myself.

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it was a quick marriage that was obviously just to get the kidney then I would say he married her under false pretenses just so she could get a kidney.

However, it says they married in 1990, the operation was in 2001 and the divorce was filed 2005 so that doesn't look like the marriage was just a trick to get his kidney.

As such, I don't think he has any claim to it. He saved the life of someone and if they turn around and say that he has the right to the value of it back then that's no better than saying that selling organs on the black market is right

3. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

It's a divorce? Give the man half of the kidney back!

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

What a selfish prick. I remember hearing tales about a time when people would be kind to another person, damn the consequence. Then that dumb bitch spilled McDonald's coffee all over herself and got paid, and now every single d-bag who gets angry needs a lawyer.

Between that and Twilight becoming a movie, I'm one headline away from poking a random stranger in the eye with a piston.

5. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

According to Dictionary.com, however reliable that may or may not be, donation is defined thusly:
    "an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution."
    I'm certainly not qualified to give legal advice but by my estimation he can go and fuck himself. Pathetic git.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Good grief. What is he a doctor of? And yes, he should go fuck himself. With a series of red hot objects.

7. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

wouldn't he had to have signed a waver? there's no way he can get it back, or any compensation

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Waaah, I gave her my heart AND my kidney..."

Also, a million pounds seems like quite a bit. I thought the black market value of a kidney was only around $30,000-60,000

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, you gotta also consider the aggrivation he went through to give her the kidney...:gen069: 

If you do wanna look at a logical standpoint...I think trying to get back the kidney is stupid. Compensation for the situation, I don't know about a mill..maybe something at least. I mean, he did save her life by doing that...just for her later to divorce him?

But again, I think the whole thing is...stupid as hell.

10. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Well, ok, my worst enemy I wouldn't have given him the kidney in the first place. But to do that to someone you used to love? That's really ugly.

11. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he's that much of an ass, it's no wonder his wife is divorcing him. Saw him and his lawyer on TV, my the crocodile tears he shed.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No kidding.

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    He has no case.

14. Optimus Sledge

This can't be helping his case, can it? Judge asks the woman why she's divorcing him and she says "He's the sort of cock who would demand a kidney back." Dude's gonna get raped if he keeps this up.

15. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

But can't anyone understand how he must feel?

He has shortened his lifespan to extend his wife's and now she is leaving him. That is pretty harsh. I don't know the circumstances of the breakup, butno matter how you slice it, I am surprised that you could go through a kidney transplant like that and in a few short years be like "fuck you, I am living on your lifeblood but I am leaving you."

16. Optimus Sledge

Given how he's acting now, she probably got sick of the kidney thing being thrown in her face constantly.
    "Honey, I want a blowjob."
    "You haven't showered today. No."
    "You owe me your life."
    "*sigh*"

"Get me a sandwich, will you?"
    "I'm doing the washing up, can't you get-"
    "Saved your life."
    "Gah. Fine."

*husband holds up anal lube*
    "No WAY."
    *husband points at transplant scar*
    "Goddamnit."

17. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    1) wife receives donated kidney
    2) wife cheats on husband
    3) wife divorces husband
    4) wife denies husband visitation with children
    5) husband sues for kidney value to draw attention to slow proceedings and her denying him seeing their three daughters

yeah, guy sounds like a total ass.....

18. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Last year, I gave my a the time 4yr girlfriend a $4600 engagement ring, most expensive thing I ever bought. Months later because I didn't want to do want she wanted, we broke up and she kept the ring. I wanted it back because I bought it with my money, not hers, and she pretty much not know how to keep a job (Fired from 3 jobs in a years). I gave her the ring as a sign that we are going to be together "forever." (Like a kidney, but without the importance of the need for it.) Now I could imagine she pawned it off for her own personal gain, and dating other guys. (I really didn't want it back (the ring isn't important without the girl of whom it was for), but the principle). Anyway I do feel like this guy, and might agree with him. He cannot have custody on the kids, he cannot drink heavily, and she going to find someone else using his kidney. He has no case, but I feel for him

But After reading Optimus Sledge's post, I LOL and now I'm divided.

19. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

No Case a Kidney is forever still it must suck to be him he's like John Locke on Lost

20. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    How has this shortened his lifespan? He still has a kidney. Am I missing something here?

Strangers have donated their kidneys to others, just for the sake of helping out a fellow man (or woman). They expect nothing in return. They also go on to live completely healthy, and long lives.

What he is basically wishing for is this woman to die. Without this kidney she will be put on a waiting list, likely for a long time, and she will need dialysis 3 times a week. All because his feelings are hurt.

We don't know the circumstances of this breakup, but that doesn't matter. As someone else said, I would wish that on my enemy.