Heavy/Scratch: Divebomb - I don't care if he did cheat to get it, I think he deserves the name!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, May 3, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

I think the thing I enjoyed most about customizing Divebomb was redoing his robot mode head. His face colors were completely different in the cartoon not to mention the lack of definition in the original toy’s face.

Heads: A Mini-con balljoints serves and the new neck for the robot and beast mode heads. It can rotate 360 degrees in both modes and tilt to the sides. In robot mode it can also tilt upwards; in best mode it can tilt downwards. The robot face came from an Alternators Ricochet. Not only was his face the right size with well-defined features, the shape of the top of the face was almost exactly the same as the original Divebomb’s.

Arms: For the shoulders I used Cybertron Landmine shoulder joints and the elbows use Mini-con balljoints combined with the original arm parts. The hands came from Alternators Battle Ravage and were the best shape to fold out of the way and slide into the chest cavity.

Legs: For the thighs I used the thighs from Energon Barricade. I cut notches in Divebomb’s crotch to allow the gears from Barricade’s hips to slide into place. I then filled the gaps with random plastic bits and epoxy. The knees and everything below them were un-modified from the original toy.

Wings: I added balljoints from Transmetal Scavenger so the wings could fold downward somewhat in beast mode. The bombs are simply the missiles from Alternators Battle Ravage painted black.

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    The head looks a little funny to me. But I can see passed that for the
    all kinds of awesomeness you have put into my favorite predacon.
    I'm starting to get jealous of your preds.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    love it! Yours makes the original bird mode look dumb :lol 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Do the guns still connect to the wings?

You've hacked up a lot of TF toys (notably my beloved Alternators) to make this bot and his comrades; it's well worth it :thumb 

5. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

At least I know my remaining alternators will be of good use.
    Just can't get enough of this!!
    I don't see what is funny about the head...I think you did what was do-able and better then a toy designed by graduated-educated professionaly paid engineers.
    How can we ask for more??

6. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Thanks guys! I'm glad you all liked what I did. There wasn't much I could do for the beast mode but I think it turned out pretty well. For the robot mode face I just wanted something that was a little more detailed than what he already had. It's not completely toon-accurate but I think it's a definite improvement.

Superquad, the guns can no longer attach to the wings as I had to modify the pegs to better fit into Alternators hands. I was originally going to redesign them to fit back onto the wings, but in the cartoon he had bombs on his wings and not guns, so I went with the first decent looking "bombs" I could find.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the sacrifice worked out, to be honest. :)