"Dive-In Theater" : Showing Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, Aug 1, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Kinda wacky, not sure if it's really news, but read this off a news website.

KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |Longview's Dive-In Theater Showing Transformers Tomorrow
    "Longview's Dive-In Theater Showing Transformers Tomorrow"

It's the wettest movie theater in east Texas. Tomorrow, the Longview Parks and Rec is hosting a dive-in movie.

You get to take a plunge in the pool and stay cool while watching a flick on the big screen. But, you better get there fast because only 200 swimmers can take a splash.

"We set up a movie screen at the pool and we're going to show Transformers this year, and we'll have the shallow pool open and we'll have the first 200 people can get in the water and use floats or anything like that and we actually get in and watch a movie in the water," said Seth Pyle of Longview Parks and Recreation.

Tomorrow, the pool opens at 8:30 pm and the movie starts at 8:45 pm.

The "dive-in movie" will be Transformers, rated PG-13 at the Longview Swim Center on West Fairmont Street.

The cost is five dollars and you get a free bag of popcorn.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that kinda sounds fun...i've always imaging watching a movie on a giant screen while floating on water...

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Free popcorn? I hope nobody splashes.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, the article was bizarre to me. i guess it's that hot in texas huh...

I'd had some bastard to splash water on my popcorn. nothing's worse than mushy popcorn. I can imagine viewers gulping down sodas and saying...'eh, it's night time, i'm in a pool, I'll just pee here'

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's kind of a long movie to be in water for. That's a lot of pruney asses right there

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Actually this sounds like an awesome idea that I should try at home. Lately Ive been showing bluray movies on a projection system on my driveway for family friends and such. I should take this out back to the pool sometime.