Dissiadia: Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spartan-117, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

The only other topic I could find on this was dated as 2007 so I thought I'd go new rather than make with the epic revival.
    Anyway, take a look:
    Gametrailers.com - Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Reviews, Trailers, and Interviews
    The entire thing seems to be based on a series of totally off their nut one on one battles between Final Fantasy characters for no discernible reason other than Square feel like making some more money.
    If I'm honest the entire thing looks pretty ropey. The cutscenes are beautiful but everything else might turn out to be a sack of balls based on my experience with Crisis Core; repetitive easy combat and a plot that makes heehaw sense!
    However if I'm really honest I'll probably pick it up anyway because I turn into a retard for FFVII related stuff.
    Thoughts?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    3D Final Fantasy 6 characters... I dont own a PSP and I might still be sucker enough to pick that up. Anything with Kefka has redeeming value.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's just it, I LOVED Crisis Core. Loved it to hell. And I found it really fun and well-made. So I'm in on this one.

4. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

So this is just a fighting game?

5. MisterE

MisterE What?

I've played a friend's import copy of it. It is not quite a traditional fighting game: one must use Brave attacks (I think that's what they're called) to build up your Brave multiplier, then when it's built up enough, you use an HP attack to remove some of the opponent's HP. That amount is multiplied by the Brave meter, so the more you hammer into your opponents with Brave attacks, the more your HP attacks will do. There's EX mode as well, which is basically a super mode that allows access to the character-specific Limit Breaks.

It's actually very, very hard. I used Lv. 12 Cloud against Lv. 1 Sephiroth, and Sephiroth tore my sorry arse apart. Even after using Omnislash on him. It is huge fun though, even if it is basically just a massive dose of fanservice. The battle system is great, if a little confusing at first, and graphically it's very attractive. I'm gonna be buying a US version when it eventually comes out this summer, I believe.

6. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Terra and Kefka?!

I'm there!

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been following it pretty closely and to be honest it seems like it will be a pretty damn good game if you don't mind it being the fanwank that it is. Personally I'm happy to see these characters again. I believe it's also gotten some great scores from Japanese reviewers. I hope that the music stays true to Nobuo's melodies and story at least properly reflects the characters peronalities.

Oh, and while I love seeing Kefka and Terra, WTF is with there being no Sabin?

8. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Isn't it just 1 good and 1 evil character from each game?

9. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Pretty much cept you have only Judge Gabranth from FF12, and I beleive there's a single character from FF11 too...

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Per game storyline, one main hero for each main villain in the game, and it must be one with storyline connection. Since Kefka was a must, the only options for FF6 for strong storyline connections were Terra or Celes... in other words they just picked all the primary protagonists only and Final Fantasy All Stars is still a pipe dream.

Still. Kefka playable, WITH god form. Too awesome.

11. MisterE

MisterE What?

From what I hear Kefka is pretty hard to use and quite unpredictable. It is true to his character though, if that's the case.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He Nuked an entire planet, so yeah, definitely true to character.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I know the storyline and all the "reasons", but that doesn't mean I can't complain about not having some of my favorites in there. Sabin just seems so perfect for a fighting game.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Locke, right? he's my favorite... But Zidane is a nice placeholder, since they are pretty much the same type of character.