disscussion of chase seen transformations (NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jun 29, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

There is a chase seen in the movie (DUH! Michel Bay...c'mon... it's a given) I won't say who or where to prevent spoilers. Given that, I think that Bay might use this scene to really promote the transforming scheme from the text at the end the new teaser. Now I do like the sound...but I can already see it... LOTS of really fast cuts, and Lots of really quick, undramatic transforming just like the 7/4/7/ to Autobot symbol transformation seen in the trailer. Now this will be really fun and exciting........and new......but....here it comes.....not like what we are accustomed to with Transformers in general. What do you think?

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    lots of shuffling and shifting plates are awesome and i dont see how its the same thing as "morphing"

Morphing is when you have like, a long pointy helicoptor with wings and when it transforms in animation the tail section magically splits into giant blocky robot boots ala the ninja combiner in GaoGaiGar. Transformers are super alien technology that are able to change shape ANYWAYS when they find their Earth-mode forms...

this style of transformation still has parts that go in the right places, but its more of an artistic flair and it looks really cool imo. sure its cheating a bit compared to say, making an alternators style transformation, but this gives them MUCH MUCH more freedom in making cool looking robot modes out of realistic vehicles. plus, its more dramatic. I feel like the transformations will be a mix between hard pieces and shuffling bits.

i mean, the G1 transformations were probably the most UN-dramatic things ever... basically a robot taking 5 second to kneel and stand up. these new ones will be more anime-like... faster, more explosive, and able to happen rapidly... like the running, jumping and landing in car mode, then getting back up into robot mode all in one motion.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Cool..another fan that likes the 'alien transformation' idea. I am trying to understand if the fans will like transforming based NOT on human engineering, but cybertronian technology (that we are not supposed to understand...hence the word ALIEN)

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I like the new transformation scheme, it's what I expected from the movie bots, but so much more complicated. It will be interesting to see how the bots will look onscreen.

And which chase scene? I already read about the last, don't know where though.

SPOILERS: Wasn't the first with Brawl/Bumblebee (no transforming till the end I think) and the last one between Optimus Prime and Starscream?