dissappointed with new autobot characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimePower04, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I... didn't mention females at all...

2. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

were Skorponok or ravage ever seen in a giant city battle, like people would want the dinobots to be, Skorponok and ravages animal modes are their robot modes, while the dinobots would be Dinosaurs that turn into robots, not to mention they would be alot bigger then Skorpy and Ravage. not to mention the inability to scan organic material, and that Dinosaurs are horrible disguises, As Skorponok could burrow and ravage was small and very fast.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What he said...
    I happen to like how he looks and hoping he is a big part of the series.

4. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

Huh? Oh oops! I misread "Feline" as "Feminine" somehow... LOL.

But in this case yeah you do have kind of a point.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Silly thread. .:popcorn  I mean, the Wreckers? Are you serious? Not even the Ferrari bot? or Sentinel Prime?
    Maybe you're into the animated series then.

6. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I fail to see how that's relevant to anything...

So...? They're alien robots. Why would they look like scorpions and cheetahs? I'm not opposed to it or anything. But, it makes just about as much sense.

Even if they do have special abilities, scorpions and cheetahs are terrible disguises as well...

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That maybe true but then again.... The Wreckers are becoming a BIG part of transformers.... So you maybe also completely wrong.

Its not about "Fan Favorites", its about using the transformers they pick and make a good story out of it.... I mean, look at Animated and Prime Ratchet.... First time Ratchet got a amazing personality since the G1 comics.

Plus.... Since he doesn't have the look of Animated Sentinal.... We know he was a leader before Optimus, which is a very important step for the movie to go though, this may tell the story of how Optimus became leader!

No No No No No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Springer is a asshole who flies and Hot rod is the killer of Optimus Prime who is completely full of himself and then becomes in to Pussyimus Prime....
    They are both crappy and don't deserve to come back in a series!
    If anyone from season 3 or the comics that should be put in to the movie.... That would be Ultra Magnus and all the Decpeticons.
    Let face it... All the Season 3 autobots really sucked in their own way!
    And to see them in the movies will make me cry unless they did to them what they did to Prime Acree which is a fully new transformers.
    But in the movies, they keep some of their old G1 characteristics (which sucks) because they want to please G1-ers.
    Also what he said!

(Please excuse some of the bad language but that the only way I can explain what I feel about this) xD

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Skorponok and Ravage are both very small (car size) and have the ability to retreat quickly.

im not opposed to the DYNObots as much as im opposed to the DINObots , the characters would be great, the whole Giant Dinosaurs as alt modes not so much.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

while i was disappointed that the firetruck was not ultra magnus, i don't see anything wrong with him being sentinel prime, it IS good to see some not so well known names being brought back up. like roadbuster, and topspin *which needs a twinspin repaint?* lol

personally i hope we start seeing more cons though.

even if they are just a bunch of clones like in the second movie.

also on the dinobots, at least with the cars micheal bay had something to work with designing, and something to film.

with dinobots, they'd be totally CGI the ENTIRE film.

and that would just bug me.

i like believing in the possibility of these characters really being there. with dino's, you'd never be able to have Sam driving one, or any of the other characters PHYSICALLY interacting with the character.

all you'd have would be a bunch of CGI images talking to a bunch of real people.

while having a totally cgi movie worked for avatar, it doesn't work for me.

even if they are cgi in robot mode, at least they are REAL in car mode, or truck, or boat, or plane mode.

at least then they are REALLY there.

besides to me the dinobots *especially in the cartoon* the whole "me swoop, no see nothing"

was a really horrible gimmick. it was a cute idea, and it worked in the first few episodes, but it really got annoying after awhile.

you know what dinobot actually made the word DINOBOT, cool?

Dinobot.

enough said.

Dinobot is cool, The g1 dinobots are nothing more then a cute gimmick.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know I'm not the happiest fan in the world with the movies but until there is something to actually go by it's kind of hard to say how I'll feel about the new Autobots. Even using an old name isn't any guarantee about how their personality in the film will work out because just compare G1 Wheelie with movie Wheelie.

Plus we've kind of known since the first film that the robot cast is always going to a bit limited because the complex designs are expensive to animate and the shading and everything that blends them into a live setting eats the heck out of even ILM's processors.

11. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

True that...

"Skids is a theoretician. This is appropriate, as some would say his existence is merely theoretical; everyone forgets who he is or that he was there. But if they got to know him, they'd learn that he likes to daydream, get built into furniture, and pick up cowboy chicks."

~TFWiki on G1 Skids​

12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Wheelie was always a perv...

13. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    This x 200

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All we have seen is some concept artwork and toys. How can you possibly come to a conclusion about the characters in the film?

15. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

^^^that

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It all depends on how the characters will be portrayed, what kind of actions they will perform etc.

So it's too early to make any conclusion.

With that said though,

With Bay's love for the military, I'm still a bit surprised to see zero Autobots with military altmodes. We don't need more human footsoldiers, we need more military altmodes.

F35 Breakaway, where art though !?

I'm still :banghead:  for the fact that Breakaway, never got an actual role.
    Same goes for Blazemaster by the way :

[​IMG]

Instead, we probably get this Skyhammer dude, who looks a whole less movie style, with a helicopter altmode which wouldn't look out of place in the Energon toy line.

But yeah, we'll see how things turn out...

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I asked this before, but why do people care for "X is in the movie?" Nearly every single character in the movie is a different character than the previous namesakes. It's a nameslap for a new character...so don't expect "GEEEWUN" or any other incarnations to influence their traits.

So seeing Springer or Hotrod or Wheeljack means absolutely jack. They're not going to be the same thing you hope they are. :|

18. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I disagree with your comments. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em...the G1 Dinobots kicked ass. A variety of alt modes is what made the transformers awesome. The Dinobots were the S.W.A.T. team for the Autobots, when all else failed. The poor writing and characterization are what probably made so many people dislike them over time. But if you look at it, they took on the characteristics of their alt modes, which happened to be slow, cumbersome, and dim-witted creatures. We know this to be false now, but back then, who knew?
    Now, if the Dinobots were written as they were in the Dreamwave and IDW, they would be even more badass than ever. Their characterization over the years has come a long way.
    They will always be among my favorite Transformer characters, because I loved how they came in, kicked ass, and went back home.
    As to those who harp about putting them in a movie, it wouldn't be a stretch at all. Perhaps they land in an amusement park and they scan animatronic dinosaurs, or perhaps in a museum even. They could be used as a sort of last line of defense in the movie...where the Autobots call in the"big guns" to whatever the danger is for that particular movie.
    Not to take anything away from the INDIVIDUAL Dinobot character because he was a favorite of mine as well, but when it comes to the team of Dinobots...THEY were cool. Definitely not a cute gimmick.

19. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    There wasn't much character development in the last two movies.

If it does turn out to be Hot Rod, what makes you think he'll have any character development?

20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I doubt that for the Triplets as their alt-modes were built from scratch. The Chevy Volt yeah. And what's ironic is that people thought Jolt looked cool.