dissappointed with new autobot characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimePower04, Feb 25, 2011.

1. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I think DOTM looks good so far in the trailers but...

There isnt really a new character im excited about yet

the nascars will just be cool action wise but I dont see much character development coming

Sentinal prime is ok but not a fan favorite

I really wish Springer would have been in the live movies
    hopefully the ferrari is Hot Rod & then I will be satisfied

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So you speak for all fans now?

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    How is it possible for you to comment on characterization and character development now? The film has not yet been released.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    How can you like them? Not a single transformer has spoken in any of the teasers yet, and there's been little detail on their characters and how they act.

5. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

I agree, it's impossible you speak for all fans especially when Sentinel Prime, depsite your god-holy statements is a highly respected character as expressed by many. Also, I agree with the others, how do you know the Wreckers will even transform? Have we seen any proof of that? They could just be cars with weapons for all we know. If they do transform then how do you know they won't receive much character development, along with the other new bots? Sure Jolt and the Arcee twins never got this perk, but with Sideswipe returning I think he'll be explored a bit more too. Never jump the gun on this dude.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I think he's going to cause thousands of nerdgasms when people see him in the movie.

7. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ The Wreckers transform.

And Arcee and Jolt never got much development because, in addition to the movie's troubled Script development, Michael Bay did not like them. They were only there to promote their Alt-Modes.

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I love how this guy's seen the movie.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

How can you be disappointed with the new characters just by seeing a few seconds of them in action in the trailers we've seen?

Just wait until DOTM is in theaters. I'm sure they won't be as disappointing as you think they are now.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    If he's anything like Zeta Prime or the Animated version*, he's going to be very entertaining.

*I'm actually thinking he'll be like Animated Ultra Magnus, which isn't a bad thing.

11. Kurai Prime

Animated Sentinel Prime seems to be a bit out of the question if the prequel comics live up to what they bring, seeing as he was a mentor to Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave, and Elita. Though I haven't read the comics myself and noone has yet told me much of his personality, but if he is a jerk, I'm sure it'll bring a lot of humor to the movie.

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Just make the Mercedes/Einstein into Wheeljack, and I'm happy.

Have him voiced by Christopher Lloyd as well, and fuck, it's officially my favorite piece of Transformers media ever.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    So you're disappointed with the new Autobots, which have received very little screentime so far, giving us nothing to go on character-wise, and could very well be joined by characters we don't know anything about... but as long as one character shows up, you'll be ok?

14. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

chil out people im just sayin I dont like the characters chosen based on previous reincarnations, ( roadbuster, topspin, leadfoot, mudflap, skids, jolt)

obviously I have not seen DOTM

I would like to see springer, prowl, hot rod, magnus, wheeljack, kup, trail breaker, grimlock...etc I just wanna see some G1s on the big screen if hot rod is the ferrari all is forgiven but I gotta have 1 to look forward to

P.S. Sentinal Prime has never been a major player in previous transformers cartoons other then animated but he was a prick in that therefore he is not a fan favorite IMO

15. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    You realize that there are tons of comics too, right...? The cartoons aren't the sole storytelling mediums of the TF universe...

16. Kurai Prime

Listen, I respect your opinion but I just wanna point out Skids and Jolt were in G1 (Skids was smarter though and a much different version), along with Topspin and Roadbuster (Comics only). In my opinion, adding Kup, Hot Rod, and Springer wouldn't affect the movies in a positive or negative fashion and really wouldn't work out.

For Grimlock, you'd have to have all the Dinobots and if we go with G1 where Wheeljack and/or Ratchet invent them, it'll deprive from the plot. If it were that they've been on Earth for years or decades it might work, but they'd have to explain a backstory to them. Plus, this movie ISN'T for the fanboys, it's for the general public and youth. Randomly adding Dinosaur Robots in the movie would probably confuse them with no context. If you were to add them in a prequel comic, everybody would still be confused because most only fanboys read the comics.

And finally........ I'm highly positive that Sentinel Prime is a large fan-fav despite his lack of being featured in most media. And just because he's a jerk in his most-publicized role doesn't make him hated by the community, it can make him the most beloved.

Thank you and goodnight.

17. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter because Shockwave is in the movie.

18. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

The real Sentinel Prime would like a word with you

[​IMG]

and i was under the impression that people may not have "liked" animated Sentinel but they enjoyed him

Read up on the TF wiki, knowledge does a forum member good

19. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    So, Scorpion and Feline Robots are okay, but Dinosaur Robots are a step too far...? I'm sorry, but saying that the Dinobots wouldn't make sense in these movies is a pretty weak argument.

Mind you, I agreed with most of what you said, and I'm pretty apathetic when it comes to the Dinobots and could care whether they're in the movies or not. I just wanted to bring attention to that little instance of flawed logic in your statement.

20. Kurai Prime

Well female robots basically just give a gender aspect to the Transformers but the Dinobots would require a backstory that would seem pretty irrelevant to the plot. But I could be wrong, maybe Dylan / Wheeljack and/or Ratchet make the Dinobots along with the Wreckers. Who knows?