Displaying Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jan 23, 2007.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Do you organize by show or just put all the autobots/maximals together and all the Decepticons and Predacons together or some other technique?

Do you place Go-bots or other toys with them?

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    right now I themed up my display cases:

1st shelf: Nemesis Primes and Black Prime repaints

2nd shelf: G1 Dinobots, WST Dinobots, Energon Grimlock and Swoop

3rd shelf: Seekers: G1, Classics, MP 03, etc

well you get the idea

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a shelf of G1 Decepticons, and a shelf of G1 Autobots under that. I have a shelf for various Primes, and a shelf for various Megatrons. My Alts are grouped together on shelves, but seperated between Autobots and Decepticons. Same with my Classics. Annnnnd finally, I have a couple of shelves for various ones that don't fit, like Galvatron (Megatron's already leading my G1 'cons) G2 bots etc.

4. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I got a group in the closet...a group on the living room shelf...some on top of my Entertainment center...and a couple setting on top of my computer!!!!

5. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

I display mine in factions. G1, G2, MW, BW, ...

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Crisis on Infinite Earths/Cybertrons" Grouped by faction, but the generations blend due to space limitation. Lines like Universe and Robot Masters were just. . . assimilated. Resistence is futile.

7. A Lance

A Lance Give me your hugs

I keep mine divided into generations and factions in a bookshelf with my other collection (zoids). However I keep a select group of the current line (classics) along with the Mps near my computer in various poses [I.e Screamer is about to blow Rodimus away and Mp Prime (Convoy for the purists) is holding Mp Screamer by his neck].

8. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to separate them by series but now I sepatate them by alt-mode type. I.E. Jets, cars, etc...

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Long shelf 1: Alts, BTS, TRU Reissues, and LOCs guarding them
    Long shelf 2: Combiners- from Armada GalvaWave to Magnaboss to Predaking
    Long shelf 3: Dragons: Cryoscourge to Snapdragon
    Short bookshelf 1: Trucks- some Primes, Quikmix, Ultra Magnus-es
    Short bookshelf 2 and 3: Flying vehicles (helicopters to jets to spaceships)
    Short bookshelf 4: Beasts from many series- mammals on the left, reptiles on the right.
    Short bookshelf #5: Kind of a catchall- natuical vessles, C. Metroplex, and Classics
    Short bookshelf 6 and 7: cars and motorcycles
    Closet wall: SWTFs on card
    Top of closet- big guys (Brave Max, Omega Sentinel, Powermaster Prime, etc.)
    Top of bookshelf mostly used for actual books: Primus and Unicron

My shelves are too packed, though. I'm thinking of putting some in storage, but can't decide what.

-Tony!

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I do it mostly be line, but I'll make exceptions if I think the aesthetic and/or scale of a cerain figure fits outside its line. For instance, I display Cybetron Lugnutz, Cybertron Hightail, and Energon Arcee with my BT/Alts because I think their scale in motorcycle mode fits pretty well (better than within their own lines, frankly). Right now the way I have my display split up into the following divisions:

BT's/Alts/MP's/motorcycles - all work together well enough for me

Classics/Titaniums - mostly Classics, but Tit. Rodimus, Scourge, and Thundercracker fit in well enough that they're in there too

G1 Autobots

G1 Decepticons

RID and Robot Masters - don't have many of these... just enough to take up half a shelf

Armada/Energon/Cybertron - the aesthetic is similar enough, and my collection small enough, that I don't bother distinguishing between them

WST's - I have these in little display cases

LOC's - glued to the top of my computer monitors

Primes - a shelf of Primes/Magnuses/Black Primes from all lines

I like to mix and match stuff, though, and re-organize it periodically. So this system will likely change at some point. I like Turnip's idea of grouping them by alt mode. I may try that some day.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I have everything stuffed in a suitcase, except for my Beast Wars display.
    Maximals and Predacons in three different battle scenes, one for each season.

12. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I have no display currently because I just moved, but I plan on displaying by faction, scale and style. For example, Cybertron Pipes/Armorhide will not be displayed with Cybertron Excellion because the scale is obviously wrong. However, Classics Prime and Cybertron Smokescreen will be displayed together.

13. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

I have mine displayed as such:

I have one entire set of shelves devoted to Alternators.

I have one entire set of shelves devoted to my TFC # Reissues.

I have one entire set of shelves devoted to my TRU Reissues.

I have all of my Cybertron toys on the wall together, same with Energon, Armada, RiD, Titanium 3 Inch Robot Masters, Heroes of Cybertron PVC's, etc...

Since I keep almost all my TF's sealed in their packages I find this easy to do, I have an entire room devoted to my TF's. Every wall is covered floor to ceiling and all the shelves are full.

I have a shelf devoted to Optimus Primes, one to Starscreams, one to Thundercrackers, one to Dinobots, one to Skywarps, one to Classics.

I have my RiD Fortress Maximus on my floor set up in city mode with mini Autobots all over him.

I have a shelf devoted to my opened HOC and Takara PVC's.

I have a shelf devoted to my opened Titanium 3 inch Robot Masters.

I have an entire set of shelves devoted to TF's that are just stacked on it still in their boxes.

That's all I can remember at the moment.

Oh yeah, my collection is somewhere in the vicinity of 700-800.

14. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I make battle scenes, and try to have them make sense in a story setting that could be worked into the pre-existing G1-BW-Binaltech storyline. For example, I've set up my Alt 'Vette Ravage, holding the 20th Op's Megatron, with G1 Ratbat on his shoulders, Standing next to a Transwarp Portal.(In this case, the Portal is actually the "Beast Planet" toy from Shadow Raiders that happens to be in scale.)

Coming out of the Portal is TransMetal BW Megatron, and he seems VERY pleased with the situation. He instantly recognises Covert Agent Ravage's Spark within the Corvette frame, and Megs sees that Ravage has already warped in Re-issue Soundblaster, complete with Ravage and Buzzsaw casettes. MP Starscream and Alt Shockwave(oh ...did i say wave? silly me, Shockblast) helped Ravage build the gate using his knowledge of future tech.
    There's an Autobot side to the display, too but I think you get the point. I dont just stand them up like statues of the characters, they're actually doing stuff.:D 
    My favourite is when I figure out that I can set up new poses that look more alive, like Alt Shockwave twisting Alt Sideswipes arm painfully.

15. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

one shelf: right: decipticons...never can spell that, left are my mini-cons and micromasters and in the middle: autobots.

second shelf 1st floor: some bionicles, and any dino related bots, i also got some little dinos sitting right there.

second shelf 2nd floor: my red drive ranger and my zeo zord 5.

second shelf 3rd floor: power rangers from mystic force and operation overdrive.

16. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

Well ATM, i have them set up as follows:

Primes and combiners,and that munky on a wall all together, because that was my original reason to collect

then i have all my Megs set up on a shelf of their own,with armada megs n tidal wave in my custom combined form,

i have my cybertron defense team, scrap metals, planet-x team, and planet leaders on my top shelf, with primus on one of my side shelves
    rest of cybertron is under that,
    Then I have Energon split in factions on the next 2 shelves
    and on the last shelf is everything thats left,

I need another set of shelves really, but im being to lazy to make em.

17. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Mine are pretty much by series and height in robot mode, though most of the older lines are packed away. Currently I have G1, Alternators and Cybertron on display. G1 is in a glass cabinet, along with the Hasbro Reissues. Alts are on top of that cabinet and Cybertron has the top and upper two shelves of another bookcase (the rest has books on it. I know, I know, blasphemy).

18. Borgiwan

Borgiwan Active Member

Among my Transformers, only two non-TF's stand... My Voltron (nice balance to 20th Prime) and R2-D2, the baddest MF in any Galaxy. Otherwise, loose factions, and way too many Primes and Jetfires.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

A picture is worth 1000 words...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

how about dust?

i have mine in shelfs:

1 -Behind some glass doors that does not let sun get in too strngly (no yellowing or sticker pealing
    2- I modded the doors a bit so that it would have some rubber between the door and the shelfs so that dust could not get in

my preciousssssssssssss:drunk