Displaying robot heroes and other small scale figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nez Pierce, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Getting a glimpse of a TF activity set in a Junkion thread must have triggered something in the back of my diseased mind...or maybe it was that iGear Ark set...at any rate, I guess there comes a time when collecting branches out into showcasing your collection. Given that I'm in the process of redisgning my basement, the larger figures can wait in storage...but the little guys...all of those little guys.......
    Dollhouses and tabletop train sets suddenly become very appealing...has anyone else around here been down this path? How do you choose to display the wee bairns of the TF universe, if you choose to do so?
    If this is in the wrong forum...feel free to punt it around.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have my mini cons on Unicron and my legends on a small corner shelf and my robot heroes on a small shelf of their own

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I use plastic tiered shelves for my collection. The RH look really nice on 4 step acrylic shelves.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I have hopes one day to build a balsa wood/lexan Ark to display my G1 Robot Heroes on, maybe crashed into a mountainside with the D-Cons attacking, but I doubt I will find the motivation/time/space to do it well.

As for the Movie ones, I am thinking of just doing a simple pillar/egyptian backdrop out of Lexan and clear plastic pipes. That one will be a bit easier, but I want to wait for the DVD to come out to get a few Ideas, and I am not sure how well the plastic pipes will tool on a lathe.

As of now, I have the singles displayed infront of the multipacks ready to battle. I really hope we get a few more of the multipack scenes if they bring back G1 RHs.

6. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    I used to keep them with other non TFing Transformers.

If anyone wants Robot heros I have them for $1 each. :) 
    Rodimus
    Insecticon
    Mirage
    Grimlock
    Shockwave
    Ultra Magnus
    Bumblebee
    Soundwave
    Blackout
    Autobot Ratchet
    Bumblebee
    Barricade

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought several spice-rack organizers to display them on,
    [​IMG]

Stair case effect works really well, nobody gets stuck in the back where they can't be seen.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Thats easy. ^^ My small Tfs ( scout class, minicons and pvc guys ) are all over my desk and pc desk. The rest of my Tfs (deluxe, voyager and ultra) are on my shelves.
    Its fun having the little guys all over my room, and i think i have a few in my living room. ^^

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That spice rack organizer worked wonders for my Gundam figures.
    saved TONNES of space.

I don't collect RH, but that, or the clear acrylic steps are the simplest, easiest way to display those little guys.

I don't know how far you are willing to go, but you could check out to see if painting a couole of The Corps! or True Heroes playsets would work.
    Those are inexpensive options for decoration/accessorizing an otherwise bland collection.
    i mean, the "high school choir" look that you get with those organizers, lol.