Displaying questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mordecai6, Aug 5, 2009.

1. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    Hey dudes! So I recently completely renovated my room including trying to make my collection way neater, and organized, in this attempt I bought a couple of Ikea's glass shelves but I've found them way too small and cumbersome. I can't display many big toys because the shelves are so small. Can anyone suggest other shelving units, keep in mind I want it to look as neat as possible.

2. lilgreenlude93

lilgreenlude93 Well-Known Member

If your talking about the Detolfs, I have a room full of them. They are great for displaying and have ran into the same problems as width and depth are concerned. If height is what you need then you can remove a shelf. I've also seen others stand a coulpe side by side and removing a glass side panel on each case. Most large things I just stick on top.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    get clear risers for inside the shelves as well, that way you can display a bunch of figures without it looking really crowded

4. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Rather than glass cases, I have two Billy Bookcases from Ikea, and I use one shelf from each to display my Transformers. They're a good depth so I can have 2 or 3 ranks of toys and the height of the shelves can be adjusted.

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i have detolfs and a single billy, the billy cases come in different sizes too so you can mix and match them and even have corner units AND you can also put glass fronts on them even lighting.

well you can at the ikea near me in the UK

6. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    www.showcasedesigns.biz

I have bought two of their "custom" cases (wider than normal) and I aboslutely love them. If you want to see what they look like, click on the "collection" link in my sig.

EDIT: Their website isn't working anymore. If you really are interested, you can still find their phone number or just PM me and I'll give it to you.

7. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How big are the figures you are trying to display?

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Question related to this: will a Fort Max fit in a Detolf? I'm assuming not...

9. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I doubt there are many display cases that could fit a Fort. Max. You'd need to take away the bottom shelf or maybe even shelves of one of the more standard Ikea glass case. Fort Max. is the size of a young toddler!

10. EvaleSuperion

EvaleSuperion Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone got some examples of what clear risers can do with a transformer display?

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know how large your collection is, but I've noticed that there's no way I could ever fit mine into something like those Ikea shelves. I used just simple glass shelves, and they're adjustable too.

Here's a pic of my shelves, just glass and some simple shelving strips from the hardware store
    [​IMG]

and this is what risers can do for a display (although they are just upside down snap together plastic things that you put in your silverware drawer)
    [​IMG]

*okay okay no more self plugs... in this thread lol*

12. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use plastic containers from the 99 cents store. There are different sizes & shapes & there are usually 3-6 in a pack.

[​IMG]

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i used to buy those plastic spice racks that look like solid white steps for my gundams. it kinda made my gundams look like they are singing in a choir, but it does tidy up the shelf without cluttering it too much.

they're inexpensive and you can paint them a different color.
    that should give you an idea of what the risers accomplish.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think the real question should be: Are there any cases that you can store a young toddler in? You know, so you can display your Transformers without having to worry...

I'd prefer that method.

15. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

My carpet, is gonna get replaced soon, so until it is, all my TFs are in a plastic box!...well most of them, some are still on the shelf, but most are knocked over

16. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    Wow thanks for all the suggestions. As for how big my collection it's 150 now. How big the figures are I'm talking wide ones like energon megatron but I also want the shadow and city commander trailers plus the g3 trailer so I need more width than height I think