Displaying figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Usp45shooter, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Usp45shooter

Usp45shooter New Member

Since the 2007 Transformers I have been collecting new figures. I have about two big tubs full (including a few that survived when i was a kid) siting in my shed.All are unopened. Im trying to get enough space to display them all. Its hard because my son is 4 and wants to open them and play with them. Which is the reason I keep them in the shed. My question is I see that some display them boxed and some open. Is this just a prefference or is it best to just keep them in the box?

2. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    It's up to you how you like to see them, some keep stuff in the box for reselling but new stuff will never have the value of G1s in the box. It's best to open most of them and transform them i think.

I'm with you on the boxes full of toys BTW, I don't have the room to display properly so they often get stored away. This is another reason I open box most stuff, I can get more!

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed. If room is an issue then display them open. Boxed items take up way more space. While I like the look of a boxed item and the box itself has great artwork, you work with what room you have. I had the same problem with my middle son. I decided to build shelves that were up high so he could not get to them. I had many a toy ripped open by him. I kid him now but at the time.....Oh man!
    The cheapest method that looks nice is going to Lowes or Home Depot and getting a 6" x 6' and metal brackets. Cheap and if you use the right screws can hold over 100lbs. I did that on my first house and it worked great.

4. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    i personally perfer sealed items in display, but megamus is right if room is the issue open items is your best bet..I been pretty lucky with my 3 year son for some wierd reason he understands not to open the TF'S he even gets mad when i open my new alternaty figuers...He did open a animated soundwave, but i told him he cant be opening the toys with out his daddy seems like he understood...then i hosed him down with cold water..lol..just kidding
    the only advice i can give you leave the easy to get tf 's in arms reach if you have no choice, but put the good ones high from harms way..

5. The Honey Badger

The Honey Badger Tfcon2016 Chicago was a blast! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Its all up to you. Personally, I think that opened items and the way that they are displayed looks trashy. Even if they are all g1, sitting on a shelf, 4/5 times, the set up looks trashy, to me atleast. Im a MISB kinda guy anyways...

BTW, thats not a rip at or towards anyone, so dont take it to heart.