Displayer risers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duximus Prime, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    Like many in the community, I use the Ikea Detolfs to display my TFs. However, not only is there much wasted vertical real estate with mostly deluxe/voyager figures, but the varying height makes some more obscured than others. I was wondering what kind of figure display risers people here use and where I might find them. I tried searching for "riser" and "stand" in BBTS, but came up mostly with those Gundam arm style ones.

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They come in various sizes so you can mix and match. The best part is that they cost anywhere from $0.50 to $2. You should be able to get them at any collectable card store.

I am still reorganizing my collection since I moved at the beginning of the month, but this pic should give you an idea of how I use them.

[​IMG]

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I bought a few stair-step risers from Collecting Warehouse, and I'm really happy with them. Check out their acrylic display selection here:

Collecting Warehouse

If you have the chain Container Store around your area, they also carry simple acrylic risers. However, theirs are mostly just single-level, and in my opinion tend to be a bit overpriced.

4. Soundwave_99

Soundwave_99 Member

Try here: shelf risers on Organize It

Those are much cheaper than most of the risers I found that are marketed for action figures. I bought a few of the white ones from walmart and target.

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link! :) 

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a rather large collection and display area, so buying enough of those plexiglass risers would probably break me. I tend to use a variety of different things, & generally keep an eye out for stuff that can be re-purposed as a riser. My personal favorites are these:

[​IMG]

I found them at the Dollar Tree last summer for a $1 each. They don't look like much, but if you flip them on their sides or upside down (respectively) they become really cheap & nice looking risers. Walmart, Meijer, Target, etc. also have some very similar products in the kitchen area for organizing your kitchen drawers.

[​IMG]

I keep my WSTs & Legends class figures on the letter holders, and the longer organizers are good for deluxe & voyager class figures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps, and maybe saves you a bit of doe. :) 

EDIT: I also built these rather cheaply and easily out of some "furring strips" that I got from Lowes (they even cut them to length for me) for a buck or two. I don't think the wood grain would look good in a Deltof, but if you spray paint them black it wouldn't look bad; I've notice that black for a riser just tends to blend in and make them not noticeable at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lowe's carries (or at least used to) a 3-tier plain white spice rack that's very similar to the other stuff shown here. I got two which I've used for Battle Beasts and SW titaniums and they're great.

[​IMG]

8. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    this thread is awesome..keep the ideas coming..ive been looking for display risers for years for my detolf cases...

9. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

If you can get them at a suitable size to support what you're displaying, inverted glasses work well (not so easy to spot in the first pic - the ARC-170 in the top right).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Like Batman, I too use the card holders. They're cheap, even when bought in bulk and versitile. I use 50 and 100 count for varying effect. They're also good for holding the accessories of the figs that they are supporting.

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I want to see more of your room there. It looks clean and uncluttered.

12. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    Thanks for those links!! I've been using whatever small boxes/cases I had on hand... these will look MUCH better!

13. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    Autoclot I'd like to see more of the DeLoreans and Ecto-1!! :D 

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've gotten some of my stuff from here Azar Displays.
    I am not sure if I would use them again some of the risers were so badly made I couldn't use them however I did get them cheap.

15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I suddenly feel the need to increase my WST collection.....great tip on the mesh letter holders.

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Im using the card cases like Batman but I also use a piece of flat baseboard that is painted black and built a bridge..ill try and take a picture when I go home.

17. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I use clear acyrlic stands, or risers, from Container Store. They're essentially clear platforms and they come in different sizes. I use them all over. They're expensive, $4-$12 I think, but they're useful and versatile. I'll see if I can get pics when I get home.

18. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i use utensil holders i got from work, spray painted them black and hung them on my wall for my glyos figure, im sure they could hold a few deluxes and a ton of robot heroes or legends in alt mode :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

I use adjustable spice bottle risers. Mine are plain white plastic, I found them in either target or Walmart for about $7.99. They are three tiered, but it's nice to be able to adjust the width so they can fit any shelf space.

20. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I use the same thing. They work well up to deluxe and some voyagers. I mostly use mine for smaller figs.

[​IMG]