Display stands/risers - advice on what/where to buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Socialvegetable, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I've been wanting to get some display risers for a while, and now that room in my collection is starting to get severely cramped, it's time to start looking for ways to reorganize. Does anyone use any sort of clear/acrylic risers or display bases in their collections? Any recommendations on products and places to buy them?

I typically organize my displays with leader or supreme figures in the back, voyagers in the middle, and deluxes up front, so I'm particularly interested in risers with enough surface area to accommodate larger figures.

I'm currently using a few pieces of tupperware and my wife is none too pleased whenever she goes in the cabinet and can't find the size she's looking for. I also have some MiniDV cassette cases in my display but they're less than ideal and the lighting is probably terrible for the tapes inside. I think my worst offense, however, is the use of a Planters nut mix can under my G1 Starscream at eye level in one of my display cases. It's the perfect size for my display, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise clean and classy setup.

Any leads/advice to help me out?

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can make your own that's what I do I use foam board from Staples fold it and tape it together. I'll post some pictures if I got any handy.

Edit: Here's what I could find that I already had on the web

[​IMG]

Under all the TF's in the back row kinda hard to see but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Oh! Yeah, can't wait to see this.

5. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was looking at those, as they were pretty much all I could find through a quick google search. They seem like a decent deal, but the images on their website are pretty weak. Thanks for the positive feedback.

That's a nice, cheap solution, but the reason I'm interested in clear risers is because my display cases are top lit and solid bases like the ones you posted would completely block the light. Clear bases would also maintain visibility of whatever figures are behind the riser as well. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get mine HERE

Clear ones you have to buy in bulk though.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I keep ahold of styrofoam from any box that drifts into the house, the firm stuff usually makes great stands that are easily modified to fit any shelf. Not to mention, totally free.

[​IMG]

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have those wood veneer display cases, so I just built some risers out of scrap wood and stained them to roughly match the cases.