Display space and planning for the future

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supervir2, Apr 7, 2012.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I was appreciating my display today (currently two pretty large glass shelving units) and thinking about what I'd like to do with it in the future and how that has and continues to influence my buying practices.

I used to have every TF I owned on display, but since getting married, having twins, and moving into our small home, I'm relegated to these display cases - granted, they are MUCH nicer than the plastic PVC-like shelves I had before. However, it means I can't display everything - or even the portion I have out -as comfortably as I'd like to.

Despite being "full", I continue to add figures to my collection (classics, MP, and the occasional random) knowing that eventually I'll be able to give them room to breath, but for now, most of the time they'll have to remain in a box or bin. This even includes accessories such as display stands and backgrounds.

Within the next 5 years or so, we'll be moving into a significantly larger home and I'll have a room that will be capable of housing my entire collection.

So, who else is buying with an eye toward a future display? Do you have very specific plans or just a vague idea of what it would be like? I know some only buy what they can display and others buy without regard for ever being able to display it all. What say you?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just moved to a new bigger place with a finished basement for the collection, the last place was filled to capacity. but yeah, there were many plans for this place. but if i have it, it's on display, i don't like having them packed

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the process of converting a garage into a man cave right now. Try to visualize how to get almost everything on on display for the first time in like 5 years. We're at the drywall phase right now so there's still a LONG way to go