Customs: Display options

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dak, Apr 9, 2008.

1. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    So I was thinking about how to display Nova for Botcon, and the idea of a display stand came to mind, but in the design of some Gundams or Masterpiece Starscream. So Nova would be displayed as if he was flying! Not saying it is entirely possible for me to get this in time for Botcon, but it is an idea, what do you guys think? Do you think it could end up putting Nova in the diorama catagory, or would it give some uniqueness for a different and effective pose?

Another thing I plan to do is show a profile. This will be in the MTMTE style and help describe who the character is. Do you think is is a good idea to include with the custom? on the same board I would put pics of the Other modes nova turns into, both drawings and Custom pics. I would post images of this, but I will wait till a later date.

tell me what you guys think.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Simply having it on a stand isn't going to make it a diorama. I honestly think its hogwash that simply having a combiner now is considered a diorama. Its just reallllly really stupid. Anyway, I think that's a great idea. get one of those cool stands they make for universal use, and use that. I think that'd be great! I also think the profile is a good idea. I know last year I made a point to have images of the other modes, and in my case, images of the original (Both motormaster and punch/counter-punch) in each mode as well.

3. dak

News Credits:
    cool, so I have a Bio thing, Now I just need to make the stand. I think i will make one anyways cause i might like to display him at home on a stand. The bio I will show will have some Actual Toy Pics on it along with drawings.

4. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I'd think it'd be just as good, and easier both, to get one and modify it. the ones I've seen the part that holds the figure up is clear plastic, which is very ideal. You'd just modify it so that it would connect specifically to your custom, and in the manner that you want it to.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is one of two projects that's going to Botcon that I'm SO looking forward to seeing photos of once it's there.

I don't think you should place it in the "Diaroma" category unless you plan on making a whole battle scene with him. However, all of the bells and whistles (such as the profile) will just make your presentation look that much more slick.

I wish you all of the best with this piece man :thumb 

6. dak

News Credits:
    yea, I don't wanna do the diorama thing. It was just an idea for a more dramatic pose.

What's the other character being submitted?

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

:p 

8. dak

News Credits:
    oooo, Is it your Omega? Or do you have something else up your sleeve?

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    ahh no, its not mine. I cant make it this year :(  Not that Omega'd give a scratch-build any competition at a BotCon competition :lol  But I know who's it is he's referrin' to is all.

10. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

I think making a stand to pose Nova Prime flying like MP Starscream would be perfect. Nail in the coffin so to speak. A display with alt mode shots helps also IMO.

Good luck on the contest dak! :thumb 

I was just wondering what's all going to BotCon this year. As far as I know, dak is the only person taking anything. Maybe people are just being tight-lipped about it this year.

I just hope this year someone actually pays attention. Last year it took about a week to find out who won and nobody seemed to remember anything about it. "I think it was so and so, but I'm not sure"

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    that's because the way it was done last year was lame. I know of three big entries, but they're only indirectly going to be competing... so I hope both persons get a blue ribbon!