display lights?? And detolf mystery solved??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Aug 14, 2011.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone uses lighting for their displays? I was up at Ikea today looking at some media centers, and I had come across these LED light strips. INREDA Light strip - IKEA. Was curious if anyone had any insight on these, how good or bad they are, if they're worth the purchase or not, or if anyone even thought of using them for display lighting. Anyway, let me know what you guys think :) . Also found out the reason behind the mysterious detolf situation.. apparently there was some quality problems, and the company sent them all back, and won't be getting them back in stock until the issue is resolved.

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are cool! But IKEA is pissing me off because I cannot order the Detolf cases online and I can't order these either! The nearest store is over 400 miles away from me. Argh!

You can also find small battery operated stick-on LED lights at hardware stores and maybe even Wal-Mart. The ones I have are round if you don't want a light strip.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I just got this display case from IKEA. I went with the INREDA Spotlights. I'm so glad I have an IKEA near by. So much cheaper then online :) 
    I just threw some figures inside so you can get an idea... I might take a picture at night. The lights aren't too noticeable in the day.

[​IMG]

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Nice case. I like the glass ones personally, cause you can see and have more figures in them. But the way you have it is really nice.

5. sh002

sh002 Banned

that's cool. how much was it?

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Well yeah. I love those all glass one too. I actually prefer those. But the problem with this room is that A LOT of sunlight hits it. Especially from the sides of the display case. And we all know sunlight and Transformers don't mix. This case at least provides some protection from the sun.

The shelves were $90. The door was $60. And the lights were $45.