Disney restoring Song of the south for HD!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. Don't get your hopes up but looks like disney is restoring song of the south and making it blu-ray ready! Just don't expect them to release it soon.

“Song of the South” can be yours – for $1,499 | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation

Cartoon brew did a thing on sots and a disney worker said this in the comments-

We just might get a blu-ray release if were lucky!

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

blah it's a film of which i hear was "ok" :lol 

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fantastic news.

4. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    so sayeth the nostalgia critic :D 

5. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    No really... the live action story is pretty blah. The best parts are the cartoon skits with the animals. We have a copy of the imported Laser Disc on DVD (somehow...) and my kids LOVE Song of the South. And after seeing a few times as an adult I realy don't see anything wrong with the movie. And heck I LIVE in the South! That's why G1 Ironhide was my favorite character with his southern accent! ;)  I STILL have the Disney record and book and I've let my kids look at and even the old (huge) Disney Golden Book. It's all about the morals, no matter how bo-ring it is. And this movie really teaches a few good ones about having a bad reputation, and NOT being quick to violence...it can lead to "sticky" situations. And not being a bully, which is (for some reason) a BIG thing right now politically speaking across the nation education-wise... not really sure why. Unless "The Christmas Story" had the wrong effects on the children of the parents who love that Christmas movie... :p  who knows. And seeing the yellow star coming out of Remus's head to bring in the cartoon world is almost hilarious in itself! Yes, from the back of his head. I never noticed until the last time we saw it. Now all we need is some cartoon action for Thorton W Burgess's animals... and I'd be all set!

But S.O.S. was during our "Reconstruction" phase, many people don't realize that.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^Agreed. I couldn't care less about the live action stuff apart from Uncle Remus himself, but Disney should have totally made a movie just about Brer Rabbit.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree with an above post. Someone posted the animated clips and they are really fascinating. I watch them every once in awhile, and it's rather interesting. Plus, given the fact that Brer Fox talks a mile a minute makes it interesting to decipher how they were to find the breaks to animate his mouth movements. In a way, he talks so fast that today's kids would consider him 'normal.'