Disney owning Marvel. Not as bad as I first thought.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by starscream-99, Oct 24, 2009.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My girlfriend is currently reading a Disney Encyclopidia and she pointed out something that was like a breath of fresh air when I herad it. Not sure if any of you know about this but Disney owns Touchstone pictures, Hollywood pictures, and Miramax. Not sure if they still own these companies, but they did release these films while Disney was incharge:
    Pulp Fiction, Dead Presidents, Tombstone, The Crow, Con Air, The Rock, Arachnophia, Super Mario Brothers, Judge Dredd, and others didn't want to make a ridiculosly long list. When I heard this I thought it was super good news. When I first heard of Disney buyin Marvel I thought they were going to really make things at Marvel really Disney like. I'm not saying that they're not, but finding this out made me think they really are just going to leave things the way they are.

2. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of people brought this sort of thing up when it was first announced - Disney owns a lot of different things, which put out a lot of different content.

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well SMB and Judge Dredd aren't necessarily things to be super pumped about but yeah I think in 5 years when we look at this deal it won't be that bad.

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

It shocks me that people don't know this information. Touchstone is Disney's "mature" movie studio, they don't just own it, they're the ones that created it.