Disney Label Transformers Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by firstpredacon, Mar 4, 2009.

1. firstpredacon

firstpredacon CybPh Convoy Council

News Credits:
    As posted in the CybPh Website, I'd like to share the review made by CybPh's gaoJP on the Disney Label Mickey.

================================================================

Of all the unions between two brands perhaps none has been as unexpected as this one. Following in the foot steps of obscure TF collectibles like the Nike Label Transformers comes the Disney Label Transformers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front and Back shots of the boxed Mickey Prime

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

Ok heres where the dissapointment starts. Absolutely little to no articulation. Yes you heard me. Articulation is limited to 2 points located at the arms and legs. Aside from that nothing else due to each joint directly affected by the transforming process of the toy.

[​IMG]

Mickey in the pilot seat.

Detail of the toy is quite good same with the paint apps. If anything this is one of the few strong points of the toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transformation time.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transformations is very simple. Mickey is basically a shell former so there isnt much to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transformers gets Disnified. Check out the cartoon exagerated portions.

[​IMG]

Transform and roll out!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size comparison with Alternity Convoy.

Ok all in all I have to say this was quite a dissapointment. The lack of articulation was a big let down and the lack of accesories didnt help any (all it came with was a manual). I mean cmon. I know this is a Disney product but the least they could have done was at least give Mickey Prime a Disnified weapon.

To say that this is a very unique fusion of two known brands is an understatement and the least they could have done was to at least give the toy some possability. This is a good collectible and nothing more. If you have Php 2000 ($40) to spend get an Alternity Convoy instead but I know for completists like me this is a must have. I cant say I realy appreciate or like" Mickey Prime" but I have to say it is a trip to have in your collection and a definite eye catcher.

I give it a... [​IMG] [​IMG] out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    No articulation? G1 all over again! I don't mind, it's still a nice display piece.

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Since I do try and collect as many Prime figures as I can, I was really tempted when I first saw the prototype pics.

But no articulation? Shellformer? No accessories? Ugh! If it were a $10-$15 dollar toy then I'd definitely get it. But at this price point it's an easy pass.

Congrats on your acquisition however.

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    People in Japan are absolutely obsessed with Disney and Mickey Mouse, etc.
    Even businessmen go about with plush Disney toys on their briefcases and Mickey Mouse toys attached to their cell phones.
    That being said, I always envisioned this item to be only in high demand over in Japan. Certainly an amusement or curiousity overseas.

5. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

I agree with everyone else that the price point was too high- and knowing that there's practically no articulation is a bother; but I purchased it because I loves me Disney AND Transformers and wanted this as a cute little display piece... so I'm not really all that bothered.
    I'd still buy more Disneylabel Transformers in a heartbeat, though, lol.
    I love the photos; and the review was very informative, thanks!

6. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

I think it looks GREAT! You guys are being too hard on it, as it is the first of it's kind. Your'e complaining because it's not poseable? Seriously? Look at the bulky and round proportions - it has more reason to be a "poseability" brick than many of the G1 classics. And personally I love my Metroplex as is. ;) 

Be happy that they pulled it off as well as they did. And maybe in the future, they'll do more that are poseable. Again. First. Of. It's. Kind.

Also I don't get the need for a weapon. He's a giant mickey mouse robot. I think all these complaints are missing the point of this new kind of unique transformer. Celebrate what it is, and stop comparing it to modern scifi fantasy transformers. You don't walk into ToonTown and ask where the armory is, do you?

I think this looks about as great as I could have expected. And stop complaining about the size/value. Look how big his head is. It is big enough. And you'll have room on the shelf for all the Baytastic stuff in 3 months. ;) 

Just my humble opinion -- thanks for the review and great photos! Now I want to see Donald as a Tugboat and Goofy as a Steam Train. LOL

7. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

aww, it is cute. not $60 cute, but still cute. It would be cool to see more of these types of figs, in fact one of the main reason that i skipped on this one is because it's Mickey. If it were Donald duck, i would've put down the money.

8. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

ugh unique but pass

9. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    given the nature of it, i'm actually more disappointed in the Shell-former-ness of it than the lack of articulation (being, that it'd pretty much be a display piece only) i don't know how i missed the trailer wings hanging off it before ~ the magazine shots seemed to downplay that aspect quite a bit.

i still think it's pretty darn cute for what it is, but totally not worth the $$$

10. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

I love Disney and Transformers but at $60 still a hard sell. But who knows maybe the parks will import it and we will be able to get it for less.

11. What About Bob?

What About Bob? Banned

Got both of them, the alternity and mickey shipped from Japan for 113.00$ not a bad deal..on the small size sure but oh well. I don't think I'll be getting the black version or silver versions though. I don't need to be that completist.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mickey has truck butt kibble...

13. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i still want him hes cute!

14. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Terrible.

$40 for this plastic crap?

Pssshhh

15. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    It does look good but its to small for the price.

16. CDBROWN48

CDBROWN48 Well-Known Member

I was hoping that it would be bigger than that!?!:mad 
    Oh well when and if the price comes down I will add it just because of the marriage between Transformers & Disney but that is the only reason!

17. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

lol id buy it and get some 1 to kitbash me a keyblade for it :)  sry i like kingdom hearts

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great. I still plan on buying both Mickey figures.

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    One thing that jumped out at me, making it definitively Japanese, was that the Mickey driving is on the Right side. The little tab thingy that the bumper clicks into to reveal/conceal the driver looks like they can produce one for U.S. release with a Mickey on the Left side, if/when that happens, the price is sure to come down...

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Wait a god damn minute! Firstpredacon mentioned "2k" in his post? 2 grands for this piece of bullcrap?