Disney Cars

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Insane Galvatron, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I know there are a few collectors here. Myself, I only need a few of the newest ones to be caught up.

Then I saw the checklist with all the new stuff coming out next year. My wallet cried. When I thought about how much all those would cost to get, it made me realize how much I've already spent as I have at least as many as there will be new ones. I then decided that maybe I should get rid of them all.

I went into my bedroom and dumped them all out on my bed ( all still MOSC ) and added up just how much I've spent on them. With tax and all, it came to $175. I've got better things to do with $175 right now. Do you think I could get Wal-Mart to take back that much stuff without a receipt? I know all I'd get is a gift card, but I could buy Starscream with it as well as my groceries for the next month.

2. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    why don't you try the junkion exchange?

Some people sell lots and don't break them up

some sell individually

it's probably easier than going to wally world with a cartful of stuff.. probably lots of paperwork involved

3. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I want my money back. Do you think I could get $3 each before shipping? I thought the exchange was for selling stuff cheap.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

there are LOTS of people on the boards who collect CARS, and are in need of harder to get ones. check the exchange and see if you can help some members out first, and then bring back the commons to WW.

5. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Sorry dude, but you'd be lucky to get half your money back. I also dropped the Cars line and I tried selling my MOSC collection and was lucky to get 2 dollars for some of the harder to find cars. Your probably going to get between 50 cents and 1 dollar for most of the commons. :( 

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ahh, yes. I think I can take credit for posting that checklist :p  and actually, IG, from what you said in that, I think I'm just going to be very particular in what I buy from now on, but I'm still in it, since I've opened all of them, and they're one of the few things that my fiancee gets excited over as well. but in my looking on ebay for hard to find cars, I've definitely seen that all of the stuff that came out in the first year doesn't even sell, and it doesn't take long for rare cars to go down in price either. if you can, just take them back to wally world, as it seems just about everything that's out there is pretty easy to find.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

They are making more? I only got the actualy NASCAR cars with nuber and such but even that is a bother now. They have some 6 pack with 3 exclusive cars I'll never have so now I'm done. My last one was Dale Jr. I have them all somewhere in a bag which is where they will stay for the forseeable future.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

9. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

My Collection Pic Heavy

Here's my Cars collection. I pretty much only wanted to get the Radiator Springs cast with a few of my favorites from the rest of the film...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some goofing around...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice collection. We still need at least RED (was it the name of the fire truck?) in our house :)  More would be nice, though I don't see many new ones here.

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Thanks, SydneyY! I don't see a whole lot of new ones in my area either, but luckily these guys aren't too expensive on eBay. I just won a Fred and this will complete my collection! These little guys are a ton of fun! :) 

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Are the female reporter and Not Chuck come out yet? Those are the only two I’m interested in and that because they are local morning radio hosts that I listen to.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I was just glad to find the Mario Andretti.

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    If you are looking to get your full amount back, your best bet might be to return them.

...just be careful though...

You will only get what the last price they had them listed for without a receipt.....so yeah, if they clearanced any of them to $1 or $2 to get rid of them...thats all you are gonna get back.

I did it recently with my Robot Heroes stuff....thankfully that hadn't clearanced any of them....and that store credit card came in handy :thumb 

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    This thread is quite old. I already returned a bunch of them. I still have a few, but just a few. I may return those as well some time later.

I no longer feel like I have to get them all. That was what was bugging me. I had come so close to finishing the collection, only to see more coming out. It was frustrating thinking of how much I'd have to spend to get them all. Now that I am so far behind, I no longer feel like I need them all. It's quite liberating.

16. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

good for you.

17. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I actually bought kori turbowitz (sorry buzzbeak!) and took her back. it was an impulse buy of a figure I didn't want. she's actually a walmart exclusive. I managed to find a lot of fred, bob cutlass, mario, jr., and cartrip on ebay, which were the shortpacked ones I wanted. not a bad price. I've also managed to find the twins and rusty and dusty in stores, and just yesterday I finally found a yeti with a respectable paint job, reaching 50 cars total.

the only ones I want now are mrs. king, the big winnebago, pace car, and the minivan couple whenever those come out. and you're right, IG, it is liberating not feeling that you have to collect them to completion.

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I got rid of all mine. Never looked back.

19. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Cars is probably the only line Im seriously collecting nowadays.

20. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Target store can give you store credits for two items without receipts up to $10 each per year.

So... get your friends and relatives to do that for you...