Customs: Dismantling leader Megatron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Hakka, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

There's no room inside his head for another LED so I want open him up and rewire his LEDs onto a switch so they can stay on. I need to open up his body by removing all the screws on his back to get to the wiring.

Is there anything spring loaded in there that might cause problems?

Thanks.

Hakka.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

the lights and sound thingy want to pop out so pay attention when putting it back together. there's also a spring in the middle that activates the voice that's on a spring (so that the lever doesn't get stuck i guess) and a ratchety joint around the crotch area where the 2 hip pieces connect

3. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.

hakka.

4. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

What a fucken nightmare!

I opened him up and rewired him no probs, as soon as I connected the batteries the 2 chest leds burnt out, they are different to the one in the head, it runs fine on the batteries.

I replaced the leds but there's bugger all clearance behind the led so its a bit of trial and error to get it all back together. There's not much room in there for wires either they need to be routed just right.

I got the connections on the back of the leds to fit in but my wires weren't long enough to clear the screw posts.

Hakka.