Customs: Dismantling Cryo Scourge

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SmokescreenSWE, May 25, 2008.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm currently trying to take apart Cryo Scourge for a repaint. I just managed to take apart most of the torso now, there's just one nasty pin that I probably need to get soldering equipment for.

In any case, if someone else wants to dismantle Scourge, there is a thing you will need to watch out for. His shoulders, upper legs and sides of the chest are all held by screws AND some glue, and take some work cracking open. However, the chest side with the speaker is a bit special. I had to put several screwdrivers in there and bend, trying to find the right place. I could jam a screwdriver under any corner and it seemed strange that any glue in the middle would hold it.

The side piece would get stress marks around the waist and I was afraid that I might snap it, but eventually I just hoped for the best and tried to lever it open.

It turned out that there IS indeed a screw in the middle, right below the speaker, holding it together from the inside. All my pulling had actually pulled it straight through its socket. If I had removed the pin for the "loin cloth", I could have taken the torso apart and seen that before trying to ruin his side. So, while it IS possible to do it my way, if anyone else wants to dismantle Scourge, you really should remove the pin and do it the easy way from the inside.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Aah, those pesky pin fastenings and the hassle they cause us..! :p 
    Thanks for the heads-up; I have little doubt this'll be handy information for someone...

3. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Success! I managed to get the pin out using a soldering pen, so then I went on to take apart my Armada Skywarp that I failed to do before. Now I have two bots to paint...