Dislike of G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CeilingTroll, Jan 9, 2012.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I truly I have not seen such a masterwork in a while :lol  Bravo mr troll, bravo.

2. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

The TF concept has been watered down over the last 27yrs. by those who secretly hate G1. G1 has flaws, but the series that came afterward are 100% flaw. If not for Classics/3rd party and WFC, I would say that Transformers should have died in the 80's.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    One of the things I thoroughly enjoy of Transformers is that there's something for everyone, and that the brand has come to the point to where it is able to constantly reinvent itself. I think this is rare with toy brands. I also think I'm one of the few that enjoy having a brand that has a fiction of multiverses.

I certainly don't think that it's a prerequisite of being a "Transformers fan" to love G1 or any other particular instance of the brand. I was introduced to Transformers with G1 in 1984, and it will always be the core of what I enjoy about the brand. "G1" for me isn't just the cartoon; it's the cartoon, the toys, the comic books, the tech specs, the merchandise, the storybooks, the artwork - in short, everything that came out from 1984 - 1990 strikes a particular chord with me and what I like.

I think the major difference between the sentiments of the op and myself is that I don't have expectations of what the G1 cartoon should be when I watch it. I still remember when I watched the cartoon again on DVD for the first time. I had a flood of nostalgia, and the show became even more endearing to me (yes, even the no-so-good episodes).

I guess, in short, different strokes for different folks :) 

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know there is no getting through to you from the discussions I've seen from you in the past, so I will simply restate what I've said before: I am yet again amazed by the ignorance in your thinking.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This! I mean just because people are saying that G1 has flaws doens't not mean they hate G1! why can't people like 1984forever get this?!

Wow now you're resorting to paronoia and conspiracy in order to prove you're right? That's really pathetic.:sly:  Dude the people who worked on the later brands of thr TF franchise are just as big fans of G1 like you are and the additude you have against them is a slap in the face at them for all the hard work they have put in it. The franchise may be dead to you but not for other people escpically the old timers and they proved to be better at tacking change when it needs then you are. What you're saying is pretty much selfish talk not to mention very ignorant to boot.

6. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Me too! There's just NO reasoning with some people.:redface2: 

7. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Michael Bay has no love for Transformers. It's no conspiracy. The guys at High Moon love Transformers, and it shows.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I definitely don't like G1, but I can't say that I "hate" it. Hate is vastly overused and far too strong of a word for this kind of situation. I also don't like Animated, which I feel is gradually becoming the new G1 in terms of people who love it not being able to accept that there are people that don't like it, let alone blindly love it as much as they do.

9. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

G1 was the awesome in it's day, without G1 Transformers, "Ceiling Troll" would whining about how the Go-bots aren't filling the void in your life that your uncle bob use to fill.

10. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think I've found my new signature.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you're not "The Only One." Next.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I agree. G1 was good in it's own right! It' easy to see why a lot of people are in to it!:) 

13. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE G1. I know G1 has flaws. I don't love G1 despite its flaws. I love it because of them. I LOVE G1's flaws!

Heck, my avatar is a picture of Tracks in a fuzzy pink bathrobe, for crying out loud!

All of G1's idiosyncrasies is what still makes it so appealing to me. Ultimately, Season 2 of the cartoon is my favorite thing about G1. All those random, voice-defined new Autobots have become my favorite characters. That said, I still think comic Blaster is cooler even if he doesn't sound like a DJ... and who says he doesn't?

I really don't get this concept of G1 being a thing for TF to get right. G1 really isn't a thing unto itself, it's just the 1st thing TF was. "G1" is just a moniker applied retroactively. G1 isn't the TF concept, it's just the 1st application of said concept. And each subsequent application has just as much claim to the TF name as version 1.0.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a shame.

Granted some story lines aren't the best and the animation is not very good at times but try to look at G1 at a different view point.

If it wasn't for G1 than we wouldn't have beast wars, armada, prime, animated, or any of the popular movies.

15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You just summed up why my feelings towards Animated went from mild disinterest to pure festering hatred. Guess it's the same thing with Beast Wars as well.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    :popcorn 

I love this serious 'hatred' for a cartoon getting on for 30 years old. Really? You hate a cartoon? I wish my life was so easy I could hate a cartoon or be 'let down' by a cartoon.....

17. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

What cartoon/toy combo was better at the same time as G1?

Thats why G1 is what it is

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    No kidding. Or get mad, offended & hateful towards other random grown adult strangers scattered across the planet because they have differing opinions about mass produced plastic toys, comics or movies that they discuss on the internet.

19. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NOT ONE.
    That said, G1 Ironhide was such a bad toy, it put my brother off TFs forever. (Happy Ending for Hasbro: He want on to collect about all there was for G.I.Joe, including the Flagg).

What media/toy combo is better than TF right now?
    (Movies or Prime--- and I'm not that hot on either of them.)

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    We know that. We aren't saying the the G1 show was horrible. It did what it needed to do back then adn you're absouluty right. Without G1 we wouldn't have all the awsome shows,games and movies we have right now!