Dislike bulkhead...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Jazz210, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im sorry to those that like his character bt am i the only one that does not like the character Bulkhead, his bot design, i dnt even like his name and much less do i see him as an Ironhide fill in. Dnt get me wrong, i like alot of the characters nd most of their names fit them bt this one i jus dont like. I even tried to warm up to him nd i jus cant do it captain. Again i apologize guys...

2. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't like him. I do, however. Very much so. :]

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    So you like Bulkhead more than Miko? How absurd!

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Sometimes I find Bulkhead cuddly.

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Bulkhead, isn't such a bad guy I just think he's a little clummsy and Miko, well that just goes without saying.

I'm sure his character will get better by the time the show is over.

We'll see.

6. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    I prefer his animated personality, this bulkhead just dosent seem as fun of a bot as his animated version was.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Bulkhead. My fav Autobot on the show easily and I can't wait for his toy because his design is very strong ( I love how he got a chubby shape without being a bloated thing like his Animated design, more proportionate)

In special I like how due to being a Wrecker in the war, he's a good guy but still far from the usual NOBLE IDEALIST Autobot, I mean, not wanting to save Fowler because he's a jerk and strapping a bomb to Makeshift? That is just hilariously blunt.

Oh yeah, the fact he doesn't sound like freaking PATRICK helps too.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, this. Animated Bulkhead was a far more endearing character, who yielded more than a few pleasant surprises (his love of art, his expertise at space bridge technology) throughout the time we knew him. This one just seems like a generic bruiser by comparison.

9. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I think Animated Bulkhead has more depth, too. I mean, the "he's big, he's comic relief, let's see how many big-jokes we can make, feel-bad" Bulkhead kinda makes me sad. Don't get me wrong- I like both of them, but wouldn't you assume spending so much time with Miko, he might come out of his shell more? He seems painfully shy and a little blah. I hope that changes, though, because he's one of my favorites, too.

10. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Once again, this. I do like Prime Bulkhead, but he's ultimately lacking compared to his namesake. In his defense, however, we still are early in the development of the show.

11. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand everyones points, i guess im jus on the fence with him. Maybe later down the line he will grow on me...

12. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Hey, no one says you HAVE to like him. The world as we know it won't stop or implode or freeze over (even if some fans will act that way...). Everyone's different. Don't feel bad about not liking the same thing as everyone else. :]

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I would have preferred Ironhide over him. I don't really dislike Bulkhead, but he feels a little one-dimensional to me. Of course, I haven't watched Metal Attraction yet, so I might get proven wrong.

14. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I think Prime has done this Bulkhead better than the original, personally. They took the compassion and fun-lovingness of his Animated version and coupled it with the skills of a Wrecker. I always thought Animated Bulkhead was too goofy.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I like to think of him as an older, toughened up version of Animated Bulky. He's lost all the cuddliness and sensitivity and become a more seasoned warrior (tho' he screams like a little girl). But he does seem to be rather limited to the role of not-too-bright bruiser of the team and doesn't have much going for him past that (other than being a former Wrecker). On the other hand, he's a chick-magnet! Just ask Arcee and Miko. :lol 

16. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True that, i supose when nd if we get his figure then i will like him cuz sometimes when i dislike a character ill see his figure nd then it grows on me

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I like Bulkhead. I find it's an appropriate variation/interpretation on the original, though I do prefer the Animated character in a lot of respects.

But this Bulkhead is a good fit for this show. Think I like his altmode better too.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm not gravitating towards him like I did the Animated version. He's just kinda a blank slate. They try to inject backstory and personality, but it just comes off as canned one-liners or generic tough-guy. He doesn't have a soft-side and his VA sounds... unfitting when he does his higher-pitched lines. His design is kinda basic, and his alt-mode is pretty generic.

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't really done anything to made me like him.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Bulkhead. He, in my opinion is one of the best cybertronians in the show.

As for comparing him with his Animated counterpart, there are some plus and minuses. I'm hoping some of Animated's personality starts to shine through more, though.

Animated Bulkhead wanted to do more than just destroy things. He was an artist and a struggling expert in space bridges. I'm hoping the same goes for the Prime Bulkhead.

But I truly like Prime Bulkhead's skill and confidence in battle.

20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it hasn't been shown all that much, the same goes for Prime Bulk as well. In Deus Ex Machina in particular, he seems to express a lot of regret about only knowing how to break and build stuff, and hopes for Miko to achieve more with her life.

That said, while I like Bulky, I'm still not 100% sold on him. Granted, he's my second favourite of the Bots, but that's still a very distant second after Arcee.