Dislike animated? Join the new TFA Haters Club

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Joe Moore, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, who the fuck does Venom think he is? :mad 

2. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

You quoted almost every line of my post, yet you obviously didn't actually read what I wrote. Don't put words in my mouth, dude. I didn't berate or call anyone 6 or 12 year olds. I said I think Animated is great for 6 year olds and that I don't personally understand how anyone older than 12 could be doing backflips over it. If that somehow offends you, that's your own problem to work through. I also acknowledged that I still collect TF toys, so you didn't need to attempt pointing it out it a failed attempt at clever wit. My opinion of what would make Animated an instant win is exactly that: MY opinion directed at me. I never said it would be an instant win for everybody. What makes me think that a lot of pople who NOW like the Movie and/or Animated got on board just because they're Transformers? Months & months of watching it play out on multiple forums like this as well as fellow TF fans I personally know. I also never said that the designs of either series cannot or could not be remotely likeable, as indicated in my last sentence which you conveniently didn't bother quoting. Why do I refer to some people as blindly praising anything & everything TF? Again, just read any TF forum for more than 5 minutes and you'll see why.

Nice try, kid. Next time READ what you're responding to and it might actually help you make a valid arguement or point. And PS: look at the thread title. You and other "ANIMATED RULEZOR!!" members coming here with defences up & trigger happy typing fingers are, more or less, causing any problems that happen to occur in here. It doesn't take a genius to know what you're walking into here, so do everyone else the favor by just avoiding it.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Dude relax... I agree with your original post, but I also found the tone to be a bit passive-aggressively condescending. Not to mention entirely too serious for the rest of this thread.

However, I do agree that there should be room to critique Animated without necessarily subscribing to the SUX/RULEZ dichotomy.

I like TF Animated. They do some great stuff. I love the toys. It's fresh, it works...

However, that doesn't mean I like every character design, or that I don't think that perhaps the T-shaped body types and uber chins are sometimes a bit too much. Or that the comic relief elements sometimes fail at being as clever as they would have liked. Or that the show is a slave to certain formulaic cliches.

But it's a good show, with ample homages and nods to TF history for all kinds of old fanboys. There are certainly cartoons that suck me in and hold my attention better, but considering that the show is meant to appeal to an under-10 demographic, it's plenty awesome.

zmog

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever heard of inference? Anyone with half a brain would read your comments about 6 and 12 year olds and can easily and reasonably infer that anyone liking TFA are of that age group. Otherwise you can't understand how adults can embrace them.

I've read numerous threads pertaining to movie and TFA designs too and what I saw was alot of people not liking the designs initially but either warmed up to them eventually or when they saw the toys in hand they actually like them. NEVER did I read a single comment from anyone saying "oh, I only like the designs now because it's a transformer". Unless, you are "putting words in peoples mouths"?

Yes, I did read the thread title. And as I read it, this thread is about hating TFA, NOT about berating those who like them. Notice how I didn't make any comments about the things that people hate about TFA. But you did more than that. You not only hate the designs but berate those who like the designs.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lol 

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I hate that animated Blitzwing is still not available for preorder.

Does that count?

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a tool's move. Buying TFs for some guys on this board has become instinctual, impulsive, habitual. He makes a valid point. I think if it were possible for fandom to take its head out of the sand it would actually see what crap TFA is.

And btw, this is a haters thread... just in case you forgot.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, I did not forget as I’ve stated already. This thread is for hating on TFA, not for hating and berating on those who likes TFA (or the movie for that matter).

9. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I hate how long animated has made my ignore list. It still doesn't beat the movie in that regard though.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, well that's different then...

Getting back on topic. Another reason I dislike Animated is that it seems like a step in the wrong direction. Most TF lines, especially TFTM are both a continuation and evolution of the previous TF lines that came before it. Animated just feels like it's taking a huge step back engineering and character development wise. It's so uninspired and boring.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate Animated for engaging me in clear and documentable passive-addictive plastichandling behaviour!

And implying that having a gut means I'm old and unpleasant!

I'M NOT UNPLEASANT :mad 

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

You know? That's a really cool name for a band!
    :thumbs2: 

I don't know what the hell it means but it sounds cool!

Dude, did you actually read his post? You know he DID say at the bottom that there are a lot of fans that actually love Animated. He split it up into 2 groups, Group 1=the fans that truly love it & group 2=the fans that just feel the need to support it because the franchise will die if they don't. I think this is where reading comprehension has failed you.

Group 1 is totally cool, group 2 needs to be sent on a cruise out to the middle of the ocean & then sunk!

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

SIGH!

Sigh.

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, this thread has kinda run it's course, (and run ashore as well). Time to close 'er down. Feel free to join the group though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.