Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DorkimusPrime, Nov 1, 2007.

1. DorkimusPrime

DorkimusPrime King of the Squirrels

Has anybody else played this? It was also released as Disgaea: Hour of Darkness on the PS2, though the PSP version has some extra features that make it *even more* awesome than it originally was, like a mode where you can start the game with Etna accidentally killing Laharl.

Disgaea is a strat-RPG in the vein of Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics, only story is more light-hearted and comical. It's a fantastic game for the obsessive power-leveller because you can level up your characters to 9999 and have enemies to match. The PSP is a good match for this game because of the sleep feature of the system.

I love this game and I want you love this game. It sells for $40 and you can buy it new from anywhere (I got mine at Game Crazy - I loathe Gamestop).

2. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Disgaea along with every other game NIS puts out are awesome.

If I can find this here, I will buy it.

3. DorkimusPrime

Yeah, pretty much all of NIS's games are great. I wasn't wild about Phantom Brave, because I found that alot of battles involved people standing on top of one another. The radius idea was great, I just wish they'd prevented monsters from standing on my head. that got old quick and I basically gave up on the game. Rhapsody, Disgaea II and La Pucelle Tactics are all fantastic games. I think those are the only other Marl (or Marl-like) games to come out here, though I know there are others.

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So would everyone get this or the latest final fantasy?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think I'm the only one that hates these "tactics" style of games. I find them extremely tedious and boring - although I played Jeanne D'arc for awhile, and it seemed to have a little more variety than others.

6. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Give Makai Kingdom a try, you might like it better than Phantom Brave (even has disgaea characters as unlockables). If you got really far in the Dungeon in Disgaea 2, the book (that is Level 10,000) you fight down there is the main Character for Makai Kingdom. It features a system similar to the circle radius system of Phantom Brave.

MMM:
    I do agree alittle, thats one drawback of Tactic Games, if the battles aren't contributing to the story, they kinda get boring sometimes.

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I got Phantom Brave soon after I found a new copy of Disgaea long ago for only 20 bucks and it was the Soundtrack version. Disgaea is better, but Phantom Brave I had more fun with.

8. DorkimusPrime

Depends. They're both remakes...if you've played FFT before and not this, get this. If you've played this before and not FFT, I might suggest FFT if I wasn't a blind Disgaea fanboy. :lol :

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Grabbed my copy last night. After having gone through all the ridiculous power-leveling and grinding that I had in Disgaea 2, its a little rough going back to such low, low stats.

But! It'll be an awesome climb back up that mountain!