Discussion Question - Toylines

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rider Strike, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Rider Strike

Rider Strike HARD WORK AND GUTS.

I've been wondering, what toylines (besides Transformers) do you guys keep up with?

I tend to keep up with Busou Shinki and SH Figuarts.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    iron man, marvel legends (sorta) collecting any hulk figs i can find
    GLYOS!!! (my latest addiction :)  )

3. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if it lights up or is clear im a whore. so the new tron and an iron man and a buttload of bakugan. used to be really into star wars but after the prequels i jumped ship! on top of my tv are a bunch of different figs representing about 15 different properties. but i collect the transformers more than anything else.

4. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Bioshock Figures, Megaman NT Warrior, Batman Brave and the Bold, DC Universe Classics Green Lantern Stuff, Gears of War, Schleich Knights and random Lego sets

jeez i always feel like i collect too much too

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

While I don't collect too much of anything, Power Rangers/Sentai, Revoltech, Jazwares' Sonic the Hedgehog, and I may well begin with the SH Figuarts/Kamen Rider awesomeness.

6. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Lego, mostly Hero Factory Stuff. Besides that, GI Joe, some Iron Man & Star Wars.

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

I try and grab Star Wars 3 1/2" figures of certain characters (if I already have a character I probably won't get them, unless they're badly coloured or have had articulation sacrificed for a gimmick. Or are older and not well jointed). I'm really hoping for an action figure of Fay.

I also work to get my hands on the Figma Nanoha StrikerS stuff. I will eventually buy the school uniform A's figures, and perhaps someday the Movie Nanoha and Fate and kitbash them into the original 1st and 2nd season designs. Unless those get official figures, in which case I'll just buy the official one. :p 

8. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Currently I'm only collecting Transformers but over the years I've collected: Star Wars, G.I. Joe, The Simpsons W.O.S., Marvel Legends,MOTU Vintage Re-issues & 200X Series, Spider-Man TAS(1996), Hot Wheels & Johnny Lightning, McFarlane figures like Movie Maniacs, The Yellow Submarine & Where the Wild Things Are, I had figures from Reservior Dogs, Popeye, DC Direct, Futurama & Tekken.. plus a bunch of random crap like Mego Boss Hog & junk of that nature. I'm glad I'm only collecting Transformers at this point and have since gotten rid of most of that stuff. I do sometimes miss my Simpsons W.O.S. collection.. not all of them but most certainly Ralph.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I keep up with Brave (well its kind of a dead line now), Figma, Mugenbine (its limping) Gundam/SD Gundam and occasionally the Saint Seiya Myth Cloths.

To get school uniform Nanoha you have to buy the PSP game.

10. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

besides TFs i collect:

saint seiya myth cloths: hope to complete the 12 gold saints (currently half way there) and the bronze saints final cloths.
    DC universe: any characters that i like (looking for wonderwomen, aquaman and martian manhunter)
    figma: currently looking for the Gai Rei Zero girls
    SHFs: main rider + bikes + any other characters i like (hoping they will get a reissue)
    Soul of Chogokin: waiting for reissue Baikanfu and Godmars (both my holy grails)
    Neca: Predator S figures.
    Marvel universe/legends: any characters that i fancy.
    the occasional gundams

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious...the Tekken you're referring to is the game right? Did they come up with a toyline? The only ones I remembered were a 12 inch line and a short-lived 6 inch line?

For me, its the following:

1. Transformers - G1 Reissues, Universe/Henkei, G1 based theme characters such as War for Cybertron characters;

2. Masters of the Universe Classics - this will be the main line I will be focusing on;

3. SHArts characters but on certain characters like Dragon Ball Z and One Piece

4. Comic book characters - very selective. If I see a piece that really catches my eye, I've pick it up. For example, MU Galactus.

5. Gundam - again I'm very selective. I'm actually done with the Master Grade line as I've decided to focus only on the "One Year War" mecha. If the Robot Tamashii series releases mecha from the above series, I've bite.

12. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

* I collected the short lived 6 inch line & 12 inch Yoshimitsu. at the time, I was real keen on Yoshimitsu. The only toys I had outside of the lines you mentioned was a little Japanese box set of 10 or 12 2-3 inch pvc Gashapon/Robot Heroes style Tekken2 figures.

13. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Keep up with: TF's

Collect: TF's
    Busou Shinki
    S.H.Figuarts
    Iron man.

Thinking of starting:
    Figma
    Revoltech
    Robot Damashii
    Halo figs (MCF)

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nothing I really keep up with besides Transformers, I guess Hero Factory. There's a few other lines I buy from now and then, things I somewhat collect.

Masters of the Universe Classics
    Revoltech
    SH Figuarts (only have 1 right now though)
    Mugenbine

Really if something catches my eye, I'll prolly pick it up if I can spare money or room.