Discussion about the scale and relative size of the movie Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starkenator, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, now that I have the HD-DVD I have been able to answer some of my questions about the scale and relative sizes of the movie characters. The movie guide had the height of all the Transformers except Brawl, Ironhide, Starscream, and Bonecrusher which all were totally missing from the book. This upset me especially since the book was so short anyway. It is like they rushed it to publication and did not have time to include all the movie bots. The HD-DVD has the height of the other four Transformers between using the "Tech Inspector" and watching the movie in the "Intelligence Center" mode. Anyway here is my list of the height of the movie Transformers. If it is compiled somewhere else I have not been able to find it.

Autobots:

Optimus Prime: 28'
    Bumblebee: 16' 2"
    Jazz: 15' 7"
    Ratchet: 20' 1"
    Ironhide: 22'

Decepticons:

Megatron: 35'
    Barricade: 16' 3"
    Frenzy: 4' 6"
    Blackout: 33' 5"
    Scorponok: 8' 8"
    Brawl(Devastator): 18' ???
    Starscream: 31'
    Bonecrusher: 25'

OK, as you can see most of their sizes seem to make sense except Brawl. In the intelligence mode it said he was 18'. Does anyone think this could have been a misprint? Just look at the size of him compared to Jazz in the movie and there is no way he is only 3 feet taller than Jazz. Do you think they meant 28"?

Based on the sizes of the movie bots there should have been a leader Blackout and Starscream toys and at least a voyager if not leader of Bonecrusher. Not to mention how Starscream and Blackout should have been much larger based on their vehicle size (I know this has been discussed before), which is funny because the writers talk in the special features about how they wanted to avoid "mass shifting" in the movie. They may come out with a leader Starscream before the next movie but a leader Blackout and voyager Bonecrusher seem pretty unlikely based on their fate. The autobot toys seem to be much closer to relative scale than the decepticons. Any other insights or sources of information on this topic would be appreciated.

2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Yeah that has to be a misprint. Brawl/Devastator was obviously quite bigger than all of the other Autobots sans Prime, so I would put him around 28' - 30'.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I would also guess Brawl is around 28 feet, he did appear much larger than Jazz.

4. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean about mass shifting, they said they avoided it, but when Frenzy chages to the cell phone the phone is like half the size of his head.

And boy did that cube mass shift!

And Brawl's size has to be wrong when Jazz kicks off his rocket launcher he is on his back and is like the size of a baby to him!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  5. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your comment about the cube was right on. What is funny is when I was watching that part (cube shrinking) in intelligence mode a pop up came on explaining that mass shifting was a common part of Transformer science and then the writers say they want to avoid mass shifting in the movie. Oh well, I guess they have a tough job trying to make sense of it all.

6. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Blackout should be the largest.

7. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

First of all, Frenzy is a bunch of VERY thin moving and folding parts - a bit of a stretch, but nowhere near as ridiculous as a 30 foot tall robot turning into a handheld tape deck or a 40 foot tall robot turning into a human sized handgun. I think THAT is the kind of thing they wanted to avoid.

Secondly, The Allspark cube is a very ancient and mystical artifact - NO ONE knows how it really works, so yeah - it can do whatever the hell it wants IMO.

And third, yeah - Brawl/Devastator is at least twice the size of Jazz, no question.