Discuss Revenge of the Fallen without negativity (an experiment)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smasher, Jun 26, 2009.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

sometime, part of the fun is to critically analize things that you like, and come up with ideas to make them better. Nothing is beyond improvement, right?

I think you should file this one under be careful what you wish for. Pulling that off might not fall within Bay's ability as a director.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    True. But there are lots of other threads that are dealing with that. And outright disdain is different than a critical analysis.

That's kind of what I do with movies these days.
    I knew nothing in advance about Star Trek, too, and I enjoyed that immensely.

3. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Are positive views also not allowed? Because to be trule objective, we can't neither dislike NOR like the movie...

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I did notice that in the ROTF movie, the Fallen only allowed positive comments among themselves and negativity is not allowed. Unfortunately, Megatron gave some negative remarks about Starscream which I found to be inappropriate for sentient beings.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    oh sure. there's numerous things about ROTF that i personally think would have been improved if they were done a different way. but that's not the movie we got, and the one that we did still had tons of stuff that i thoroughly enjoyed.

6. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

I liked the Soundwave that we got, his function at least. In the first movie, I was really happy to hear Cullen as Prime. In ROTF I had the same feeling when I heard Welker. Even though he sounded a little like G1 Megs.

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I like the sounds of this thread!

I was watching the movie two days ago at a four o clock show, read a prequal comic, read the entire online summary, and Enjoyed the movie 100% anyways!

8. Battlewagon

Battlewagon Well-Known Member

i liked the idea of soundwave as a satellite. the prime/megatron/starcream/grindor fight was all kinds of awesome. i liked the interplay b/w megatron and starcream. i thought the three cycle autobot chicks were very cool. though i had to laugh cause it reminded me of shockwave's "female autobots" line in dr. smoov's 'shockwave's burden'.

9. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Prime getting killed was very powerful and done wonderfully. Man, they really made you hate that NSA mf'er after Prime's death.

10. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Insecticons were in this movie. Those tiny little bots were them.

11. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

The opening sequence, with the NEST forces teamed with Autobots chasing down Demolisher and Sideways, was awesome. Pretty much perfect the way it was done.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I totally agree. I liked the musical arrangements during this part as well - and any parts that incorporated the "Autobot Arrival" theme from Movie 1 also.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I could watch that mini intro like an Episode of Transformers over and over and be perfeclty happy,heheh

14. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Ravage was a lot cooler than i thought he was going to be. I figured he would be skorponok 2.0 and just be random beast-bot that terrorizes humans.

15. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Ok here goes.

I liked seeing Starscream and Megatron argue.

I liked The score of the film.

I liked Wheelie, I liked Wheelie in the 86 movie also.

Thats all the positives for me.

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I liked Jetfire having Cybertron Jetfire's accent and being like Kup.

I think Sam killed Waspinator, I didn't think about it before, but the little Insecticon does/did look kind of like a Wasp so I'm calling him Waspinator. Can we get a toy of him, please, please, pretty please with cherries on top?

The Decepticons were definately more than just silent unknowns.

Devastator needs to come back for TF3 and this time have one of the Autobots quote Kup's line from the '86 movie.

College professor referencing BW Megatron's famous line from Nemesis Part Two was awesome.

Alice was hot, creepy and totally what a Pretender SHOULD be. Can we get a toy of her too?

Prime took no prisoners, the deaths in this movie may have come off as crazy or irrational for some, but the Movieverse is actually the first Transformers universe where from start to current finish the Autobots truly do wage their battle to DESTROY the evil forces of the Decepticons. And on top of that this is Civil War, not miss who you're aiming at or fail to terminate someone just because you are the Good Guys.

Soundwave definiately was the character I was hoping him to be. That is all.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I did. But despite my best efforts some spoilers still slipped into view, such as the frontpage article that got posted that pretty much screamed "Alice is a Pretender!!!" at you. That and idiotic, thoughtless buttheads posting spoilers in threads without any warning.

But I still really enjoyed the film. I do wish that Sideswipe and the Arcee's had gotten more screen time and dialogue, especially the Arcee's. An explanation for Grindor would have been nice, and an answer to what the hell happened to Barricade would have been great.

Sam's mom didn't bother me, but the pot brownies thing WAS pretty stupid.
    The whole college scene didn't really bother me either.
    Leo was off and on, sometimes he was annoying, sometimes he wasn't.
    Could've done without seeing Simmons dropping trou.
    I thought I was gonna hate Skids and Mudflap, but I wound up really liking them.
    Devastator's "balls"? Big whoop. "Mountain out of a mole hill" comes to mind.

One thing really bothered me though. Why wasn't Bumblebee able to speak? He was able to at the end of the first movie, now he can't again? What gives? I was always under the impression that the Allspark repaired him when he came into contact with it, much like it did with Frenzy. But if not, Ratchet couldn't haved fixed that within 2 whole years? Just seemed like a massive cop out to me.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Holy crap I never thought of that.

I had pretty much those exact same thoughts. I really wish they had just said that Bumblebee liked talking with sound-bytes. It would have made sense and added to his personality.

19. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

i liked soundwave.......

prime was amazing

lots of cool shots

20. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Me neither. That's unbelievable. We need to quote that more.

Bumblebee's Voice

Bumblebee was actually a part of NEST for a while after the first movie. Starscream shoots him in the neck in Alliance.

..and the Allspark didn't repair him, Ratchet does.