Disappointment

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, May 10, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

You ever break the bank to get a toy or two. Then when you finally get it you're like thats it I waited for this brick. Tell me your story. My story is Omega Sentinel just another great idea but all he turns out to be is another armor suit for prime. Same as both wing sabers great ideas and names but not what I thought they would be. Funny how quietly mudflap and a few lesser price guys turn out to be the best figs

2. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Yes... G1 Rodimus Prime. The freackin' brick! I still like it though.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a character, Liokaiser is quite interesting.
    As a toy, it's rather indifferent.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I was like that with Energon Wingsaber. I actually hated it so much I took it back. But later I bought him again just to combine with Optimus.

But Cybertron Wingsaber is just pure awesome all around.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I didnt buy Energon Wing Saber, but I was disappointed just by the fact that he was intended as a Star Saber homage. He completely lacks the athletic-anime-hero look that Star Saber had in the cartoon, and his articulation has in no way been updated. The only thing that even resembles Star Saber is the tall shoulders. The head is sort of similar, but it still doesnt look as cool as the G1 head.

I would say the biggest disappointment is Titanium Soundwave. Yeah, Backstop and Armada Sideswipe are shitty toys, but they have no value to anyone. Soundwave, as an attempt at a modern Soundwave, is the pure definition of the word disappointment. And the worst part is, with just a few changes, he could've been easily servicable.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A big dissapointment in my opinion

RID OMEGA PRIME!!!!

I have no idea how the hell you transform into omega prime or their Super modes and alt modes and they take too much space but yet it was $12.00 :D  That's really my only upside with them)

ALSO FAB FRENZEY!

I wanted a boombox frenzy and when i bought the FAB he's a piece of crap, Barricade's frenzy is way better.

Didn't expect this awesome-ness

Crosswise from Cybertron when i bought him years back,Awesome alt mode treansformation and he's was a grail of mine since cybertron.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID Fortress Maximus... paid a decent amount for him at the time because everyone goes on about how cool Fortress Maximus' toy is, but when he got here I was like 'that's it? I wasted how much on a 2 foot tall brick?'.

I mean, seriously, he looks cool, but short of stairing at him he's almost useless. His base mode looks cool, but really isn't servicable with anything larger than a scout (which lines are cutting back now) and his 'battle station' mode is essentially laying him on his back and fliping a few pieces around and than covering his arms with his ramps. Not what I had hoped for after hearing how 'awesome' Fortress Maximus was.

On the postive side I managed to resell him for more than I paid for him recently so that's a major plus.

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for me its MP-05 megs
    his legs are so.....thin hes is cool and all but not as much love for him as i was hoping

9. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Autovolt, how'd you get omega Prime for $12?

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

probably clearance? lol

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Energon Wing Saber. Didn't even look at pics of him when I bought from a friend when I also got Energon Optimus, just thought was cool he could be armor....well...thats all he will ever be in my opinion, hes the brickiest.

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

But most G1 figures are bricks. If you buy G1 you should expect a non-posable brick. Kinda goes with the territory.

Everybody goes on & on about how awesome Fort Max is because:

1. nostalgia (if you had him when you were little)
    2. his size (biggest TF ever)

13. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I've been fairly disappointed with about half of the new movie line. It's like, you can tell on some of the figures they were putting lots of thought and love into it, and on some of them, they just had to get a product out the door.

But I guess every line has a few figures like that.

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Dude. He's really not that hard. Do you have instructions? If not, check the toy gallery at http://www.ridforever.info - there should be some instructions scans there. But really, otherwise just look at some pictures and try and get the pieces to line up how they fit. It's really not hard and everything fits together.

My biggest disappointments? Both voyager and leader Movie Megatrons. I'm glad I have them to match my voyager and leader movie Optimuses, but man, neither are very fun. :( 

A little disappointed with movie Landmine...

I recently bought a G1 Blitzwing for about $50... mostly for nostalgia... it's in pretty good shape, but for $50, it could be in BETTER shape. Sigh.

Never broke the bank for something I was disappointed in, though. I spent my last $20 on an Alt. Meister/Jazz (I saw it, redbox version, after they had all but disappeared, I never saw a redbox Meister again), which caused me to miss my rent, but I was not at ALL disappointed with him. I'm disappointed I ended up selling him. I've never been that irresponsible about my collecting since, however.

15. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

leader brawl for me. I got him opened him up and then it went down hill from here. Just like movie landmine he was ove hyped and has crappy legs. His tank modes o.k if you able to get over the giant hole were his head is.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron Blurr
    "Oh yeeeeeeaaaaaaah Classics Blurr finally, and now I-........
    legs.................... LEEEEEEEEEEEEEGS!"

17. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

BLASPHEMER!!

no, actually, he is a brick, and i can see some being disappointed, but not me. i think he's the best.

i was very under whelmed by alot of movie toys. Ironhide, leader prime and megatron, etc. i returned alot of them hours after opening.

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

All the movie figures except Optimus Prime. I really just now want to get rid of them, but just haven't done it for some reason.

Then again, paring down my collection these last few months has made me realize just how many lame TFs there are, and I thought I had bought only the best ones...

19. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Starscream. Paid $400 for him in 1999, and it's a total piece of crap.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I actually like Movie Ironhide. I mean, yea in the movie he's a walking scrap heap, but I found him to be a pretty solid toy. Movie Megatron, I will not touch. He looked shitty in the movie, and he looked shitty as a toy.
    Movie Prime. I may get one day.