Disappointment

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mirage914, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything, Wreckage, due to his semi-annoying non-locking Automorph in robot mode. That, and he doesn't quite live up to the freakish Decepticon aesthetic. He's still a good toy though.

The rest rock, though, especially since I just picked up a Bumblebee with a chest mechanism that works properly (no hairpin trigger, unlike my first one, yay!).

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Barricade disappoints me, with his immobile rubber head and giant arms. Swindle disappoints me with his floppy torso and immobile head.

3. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

RoboVision Prime is my disappointment. I passed on him, choosing the Leader instead. I read rave reviews here and picked him up. His lack of stability (bad hip ball joints and heavy backpack), unimpressive size, and lack of solidity are a major letdown after Leader Prime's near-perfection.

4. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I won't be getting any Megatron, any class. They're just really ugly toys. The alt mode is a joke.

5. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I still only have Leader Prime (really pacing the buying) so absolutely no dissapointments here. :p 

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Actually I'm pretty impressed with all the ones Ive got, but Ive been really really selective with the movie figures.

Ive gotten ratchet, iron hide, jazz, bumblebee and leader prime.
    for the baddies.. I got.
    Bone Crusher, star scream, barricade, and the helicopter dood. names escapes me at the moment..
    I like them all so far.

Thankfully none of my figures have the problems that a lot of members have mentioned.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Jazz was pretty disappointing to me. Everything else lived up to or exceeded my expectations.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    robovision prime. doesnt contect well. brawls arms.the rest rocks

9. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm 90% happy with the 19 i have

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

My only complaint about Ironhide, is that he looks too much like a Decepticon then an Autobot. Plus he's so black that even in a fully lit room you can't see more than a siloquete. He looks like a great Decepticon, but a poor interpretation of an Autobot.

11. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    out of the 10 i have(barricade, bb, brawl, bonecrusher, wreckage, jazz, rachet, swindle, and protoforrm prime & starscream) the only problems i have is that brawl's shoulders won't stay locked, jazz's arms are hard to transform, and prime has loose legs. other than that they're prefect.

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

All 6 Real Gear's are awesome. No complaints there.

Deluxes:
    Bumblebee is fun and fantastic. Love him so far.
    Jazz is meh. Maybe because I can't get his head to pop up all the way, but I find him rather uninspired.
    Brawl is my least favorite. I just don't like him much at all. A definite turd.
    Bonecrusher, while bland, is a fun toy. I dig him.
    Barricade rocks. Period.
    Swindle is a great figure, who could have been an awesome figure if only his head lifted up and moved.
    Wreckage is the single best Movie figure yet. Near perfect bot mode, and a fun, interesting vehicle mode.

Voyagers:
    Ironhide is alright. I dislike his shoulders and the springs. Other than that, he's decent.
    Blackout is a mix. His copter mode kicks all sorts of ass. His bot mode though, is rather lame.
    Starscream is much like blackout. Love his alt mode, but the bot mode leaves alot to be desired.
    Ratchet I haven't picked up yet, so can't comment.
    Robovision Prime is pure awesome. I love this version immensely.

Leader:
    Prime oozes awesome. And he's got awesome all over him. 2nd best figure of the line so far, following Wreckage.
    Megatron has a kick ass bot mode. Menacing, cold, evil. He's just stellar. His alt mode leaves a lot to be desired, but I can forgive that because of his awesome bot mode. He also really reminds me of RiD Megatron, so that's a plus.

13. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

TFTM 07 action figures

I'm happy with leader class Megatron. I'm also happy with Voyager Ironhide, the automorph feature on his legs are awesome. My next 2 movie figures are: leader class OP and voyager Starscream.

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I was sad that my Leader Megatron's "Mace" Hand wouldn't launch. But thanks to a screwdriver and a spring from a freebie pen fixed that. ^_^

I've pretty much been avoiding the toys that I think I won't like, namely Swindle and some of the Real Gears. On a sidenote, Wreckage is one sweet figure.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Barricade in robot mode. It's a kibbled mess with no articulation, not to mention the worst design I have seen in quite some time. The arms & "hands" are a joke.

Blackout in robot mode. MUCH smaller than I thought it would end up being.

Bumblebee in both modes. Front bumper barely stays locked into place in alt mode and the feet in robot mode look completely ridiculous.

Jazz in robot mode. Most ******ed arms ever applied to a TF design, very limited articulation, and nothing "sleek" looking about it at all. He's short & fat like Cosmos.

Haven't bought Ironhide, Starscream or Megatron yet, so I can't comment. Won't buy Deluxe Brawl since there's supposedly a Leader version coming out, and won't buy Bonecrusher until I know for sure whether or not he'll get a bigger version.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jazz and especially Barricade were quite underwhelming. Not too keen on Starscream. Ironhide's better but still kind of meh, I couldn't get the arms back under the truck properly.

On a whole, movie toys just aren't that good. Too many screw transforms and floppy parts.

17. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm regreting buying leader megs.... i'm 85% sure i'll be returning him cause he "broke" ;) 

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I like him! He's not nearly as hideous in person as pictures lead one to believe, and he's fun to fiddle with!

19. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

it is not spose to lock all the way in

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ratchet is Okay But i want Megatron,Longarm,F.B Jazz,Blackout,Arcee,Wreckage, Bumblebee,Barricade and Ironhide.