Disappointment

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mirage914, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

Are there any movie toys that seemed to dissapoint or unimpress you?

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Just the Walmart BB - Barricade 2 pack with seems to be full of defective BB figures that won't completely transform. (front bumper won't lock into place) :( 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No, not really. I'm happy with the 4 that I've gotten so far, and look forward to more.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm 90% satisfied with the 11 I have. It would be 100%, but I think I had high hopes that weren't entirely met.

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blackout - Just didn't live up to the hype for me.
    Starscream - cool transformation, thats it
    Scoponok - Cool feature, but that wont save him.

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Deluxe Class Brawl is a bit of a letdown for me. His shoulders will not stay in position properly. I really like the toy's look and the automorph feature on him is quite nice, but the arms flopping around kills it for me. Hope Leader Class Brawl is much better.

7. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Starscream. I just dont like him, I think he's just too big maybe he would have been better as a deluxe and Brawl as a Voyager.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Blackout mainly, more specifically his automorph feature and overall size. He should have been bigger.

That said, as the worst one I have, he's still a freaking awesome toy.

9. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I've been a little disappointed a few of them. The 70's BB issue is annoying, Ironhide isn't as cool as I thought he would be, and Starscream's missles won't stay in their launcer.

However, I've been really surprised by the Deluxe Barricade and Jazz. The Real Gear toys are pretty nice as well!

10. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have deluxe protoform OPs and SS, Voyager SS, Ironhide, Ratchet and Blackout, Deluxe BB, Barricade, Brawl, Bonecrusher, and Jazz, and Leader Ops and Robovision Ops. I have my favorites, but I love them all. Leader Ops is one of the most impressive and cool toys in a LONG time. I think they are different with the skeletal structures and transformations than alot of the previous lines, but still very cool. I think most people love em or hate em, but none really dissappoint other than some color oversprays and misses, but cool nonetheless

11. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

Does anybody who has leader megs like him?

12. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

I'm only missing the 2 Megatron figs, and I like them all. Blackout's size was kinda disappointing, and Brawl's arms are somewhat disappointing. BUT for what we got, I think Hasbro went above and beyond with these designs. I look forward to Leader Brawl.

13. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I regret buying it. My money could have been better spent elsewhere.

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I've got almost everything of the main line figures.

The Real Gear toys are pure joy. Some wonkiness with Zoom Out's arms, but otherwise they're solid.

The deluxes almost all have some issues with stability. With BB its the chest logo (and breakage), Jazz the forearms (and those thunder thighs are an issue), Brawl's shoulders, Wreckage's "Energon Battle Ravage" torso, and Swerve's torso. As display pieces these are minor issues, but for kids they could be more troublesome.

As for the other deluxes, Scorponok is a shitty transformer (but a nice mechanical scorpion), Bonecrusher is just weird (which I like, but will turn others off), and Barricade is probably the most solid all around.

The 5 Voyagers (including RV Prime), if you like the basic design aesthetic and colors, are pretty good all around. None have flaws as detrimental as the typical deluxe.

Leader Prime rules.

Now all I need is Leader and Voyager Megatron.

In the end I think most of the flaws are problems with execution of ambitious ideas. Hasbro really pushed the envelope here in terms of complexity, and it doesn't always pan out. But I'd much rather they fail for doing too much than for doing too little.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Just Blackout, so far. I think because he looked so good in the initial images, and people kept raving about him.... but when you actually have him in your hands he seems small, kinda flimsy, and has a somewhat annoying automorph feature.

Oh, and the Real Gears, if you count those as movie figs. I was pretty excited about them, but now that I have a bunch I'm a little let down. I know the word "cheap" gets bandied about a lot in toy-collecting circles, often improperly or unthinkingly, but the Real Gears really do feel light and cheap to me. They seem more like KO's than official Transformers (especially the PSP guy). I think it might be because of all their hollow parts. Ironically, I think my favorite of the whole Real Gear line is the one I was LEAST looking forward to initially: Long View, the binocular dude. I like his Jazz-like face and Bumblebee color scheme.

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Not really. Maybe Barricade, he's not as dynamic as the other figures I have. If anything, I'm more surprised at just how much I really like Jazz. I was unsure about him from pics, especially the arms, but now that I have him, he's one my favorites.

17. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I love BLACKOUT's design, but he doesn't really hold together very well (in either mode) - As a robot, the shoulders flap about too easily, and the helicopter mode has too many gaps. These flaws don't ruin him for me, but they stop him being a classic.

BRAWL's shoulders, of course, and the fact that he's so small!! Rather pathetic for a tank-bot.

And that's it really. I'm 100% happy with RATCHET, IRONHIDE, JAZZ, BUMBLEBEE, SCORPONOK, STARSCREAM, and 110% happy (even though that is, by definition, impossible!) with BARRICADE and luvly, luvly Leader OPTIMUS.

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Blackout just wasn't what I was expecting it to be, still cool just not what I had hoped for.
    Bonecrusher is just really odd to me and I'm not a big fan of its bot mode.
    Brawl for his damn shoulders.
    Barricade wasn't excatly what I expected either, but its still pretty cool.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Best movie figure next to Leader Prime.

No regrets for any of the figures I have.

Blackout is a whole lot better now that I have more figures that are in scale with him. (Loc Barricade for example) But then again, he was always awesome, even if he's not in scale. (scale never bugged me before, why should it now?)

20. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Blackout is the biggest disappointment thus far. and uninspired transformation and too much kibble. It's nice enough looking in robot mode, but it's just too meh overall.

Leader Prime has been pure love. I love the design. The only automorph feature I love more than Primes feet are Ironhides legs & feet.