disappointed in walmart roddy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chas_520000, Aug 21, 2011.

1. chas_520000

chas_520000 Well-Known Member

After weeks of searching I bought walmart roddy. I must say that I'm that I wished I had not bought him now. I don't know what it is but I find him lacking as far as a mp transformer goes. Maybe if he had the trailer I would feel different. Just wondering if I should pick up the takara version and sell this one, or will he grow on me? I'd appreciate any input anyone has.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Sell it now while the market is hot. You're bound to find someone that will give you at least cost for it.

If you don't like it, a giant plastic trailer chunky thing isn't gonna help.

3. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Stick with it, it'll grow on you and you will save some money in the process.

Or sell me him :) 

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    ..but he's a TRU exclusive. If you want a big box that unfolds (the trailer) get the Takara one, but I don't think you're gonna be any more impressed with the Japanese version than the Hasbro one

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't like the TRU version, I don't see how you'll like the Takara release any better...the second release of MP-9 is at least supposed to have better QC, but if you buy any of the first release you'll run into the same figure, but with QC issues at an expensive price.

The trailer isn't like Protector, where you at least use some of the parts to upgrade Classics Hot Rod...it's just a box that unfolds. If you're insistent on replicating the original Rodimus Prime toy at the Masterpiece level, than sure get it. Otherwise keep the TRU version. If the TRU release becomes scarce down the road, you'll probably regret selling that more than either version of the Takara release, which may not sell out for a while longer due to its pricetag.

6. chas_520000

chas_520000 Well-Known Member

tru yeah its been a long day. thanks for some input. i dont know maybe i'm getting tired of collecting. between the scalpers and the limited releases of figuires like this it seems like a job instead of a fun hobby. i kind of wish it was like the days of g1. you could go to any store and find what you wanted.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I could understand being frustrated, but to me the hunt is part of the fun. Besides you managed to pick up the limited release, you just arent happy with it.

8. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This one has offshoot and the Tak one doesn't. Don't have the Tak one but I got mine at 60 plus tax and I am quite happy with it. It will grow on you.

9. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

I personally love Wal-mart Roddy. For a legends figure he's not bad, but I wouldn't call him MP quality.

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have two thoughts on this.

1) Mine has grown on me. I was a little put off by how cartoony and toyish his color scheme was at first (although I STILL wish he has that metallic look they had in the 86 movie). Maybe you need to give him a little more time. (although Starscream and Grimlock are still the only two MP toys I absolutely LOVE)

2) Takara's is better, than Hasbro's. But not that much better. You either like the toy or you don't. If you fall in love with it down the line you may want takara's as well (i've ended up with both). But if you really don't like Hasbro's version, you probably won't like Takara's that much better.

11. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Quoted for LOLZ.

12. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    I'd say give it some time.

Not every figure can automatically have that charm that other figures have. Some take time while others get it right after ripping open the package.

If all else fails, you have a potential customer right here and waiting to take it off your hands.

13. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

If you don't like it, return it. Receipt or not, Walmart pretty much takes back anything. I read an article last year or the year before about a guy returning a Sears lawnmower at Walmart (that Walmart never carried).

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I second this. I found an Animated Deluxe w/ Legends pack at Walmart once. Still had the "Only at Target" sticker, too.