Disagree with this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brave Convoy, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I've noticed that a lot of people respond to something by simply disagreeing with it. It doesn't seem to matter what's being said, there's always a slew of people who feel the need to chime in with a quick "No it's not!" or "Yes it is!" just because they've gotten so used to disagreeing with everything so often. I see it so often, even I just felt an automatic desire to respond to someone else's new thread with something that went against what the initial poster stated. I think it's a very unhealthy mindset.

Agree? Disagree? Or agree to disagree? :) 

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The internet would explode if we all agreed with one another.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am constantly floored at the views of otheres expressed on forums, but I guess that is life on the internet. Funny enough, for the most part I usually agree with most people on cybertron.ca. Maybe becuase we are all canadian??

4. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

There would be some adjustment, that's for sure. :) 

5. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

All that back bacon and maple syrup just puts you in a generally more agreeable mood. :) 

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I do know one thing: gray areas don't exist.

You cannot be objective for whatever reason.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    No they don't.

8. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

If you are with ego, this is true.

But if you're someone like Eckhart Tolle, a man who I believe to be truly without ego, then everything is gray. If you are not controlled by your selfish ego, then it is possible to be objective. To think in ways that don't necessarily lead to your own joy, comfort or luxury. Empathy is them possible because you don't consider yourself the most important thing in the world.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Isn't that how discussion forums are supposed to work? Otherwise just make a blog about whatever you want to state with the comments option turned off.

I think more pointless are people that come into a thread and say they don't care.

10. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I don't care if you don't care that people don't care. :) 

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I disagree.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Curses, too late again.

13. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I think it is healthy to disagree, as long as you're mature about it and can admit when you're wrong after you've discussed your thoughts. What annoys me are people who rage and keyboard warriors who think they are hardcore.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I always wonder why people expect their opinions to matter to strangers on the internet if they don't bother to explain them or make a case for them. "YES IT IS" or "NO IT ISN'T" posts don't seem to serve much of a purpose to me on a discussion forum, then again, neither do polls.

15. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Which is specifically what I told you to do in the first post. So your compliance is, in a way, an agreement. Stop it. :) 

16. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

The real sad part is that "keyboard warriors" as you call them are usually not as courageous and confident in live interactions with other people. They're more likely to be shy, timid, and keep their mouths shut because it's more important for them to be liked and accepted by real living, breathing people than it is for them to be liked and accepted by contrived message board personas.

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    You don't know that. That's a cliche and a stereotype that's become a tautology. Speaking for myself, I can assure you I am just as bold and argumentative in real life as I am here. Hell, moreso maybe, because the opinions and outlooks of people I actually know and interact with in real life matter a hell of a lot more to me than anonymous message board users.

18. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

A little ego at work here, my friend. Does your situation apply to everyone? Have you tried to step outside of your own thoughts, opinions, and selfish desires and tried to study at length other people's reactions to your argumentative nature? I've found most argumentative people, those who just argue till they're blue in the face and can't seem to let it go, are incapable of empathy towards what other people are feeling. Their ego makes them oblivious to the feelings of others. And because you're so ego-driven, you just assume that everyone else is too.

You said it yourself in your last message, implying that others are just like you. Are others really like you? Or can they be like themselves? Do you consider people different from you to be "strange," "weird," or "crazy?" Or do you consider them "unique" or "intriguing?" Are you oblivious or perceptive?

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Wait, so you're implying I'm a sociopath? Check your own ego, bro.

Same logic applies to you, how can YOU claim to know the inner workings of a person's mind or inner life, especially in general, outside of their posting? How can you know how they act away from their keyboards? I actually didn't propose everyone was like me, if you'll go back and read my post again. My point was that making sweeping generalizations, as you've made in your past two posts, is an inaccurate way of drawing conclusions.

To answer your question, if there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that they're individuals. Even if there are trends you think you've observed, every person is a whole new ball game. People different from me are just that, different from me, and the reasons for those differences can be as varied as the differences themselves.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  20. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Another misunderstanding. Here's how this goes: You make the "sociopath" accusation. I'm supposed to argue back and say "No, that's not what I meant." I'm also supposed to get hurt or threatened by your "I know you are, but what am I" defense and try to dismiss those accusations or support my opinions. All for nothing, since even speaking to you face to face for hours on end wouldn't clear anything up. In the end, all pointless banter between two people who think what they believe is more important than what the other person believes.

No thank you. :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.