Directv and Hub

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Atomatron, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is Hub going to become a PAY channel now?

my Directv has a banner ad saying FREE PREVIEW for channels like The Hub and H2.

whats going on?

im gonna have to pay more now to watch TFs and ancient aliens???

eff that noise!

2. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Watch on you tube. That's what o do when I miss it.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Slag!

How would this impact my DVR recordings if the Hub is removed from my package? I have all of Animated recorded on it.

4. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

DVR recordings are not touched just because a channel has to be paid for. It would only affect future recordings, not ones that are already saved to the device.

5. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It just means that your current package won't be holding it anymore. I'll check mine later.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Hub and H2 are, and actually have been, part of a specific package, the Choice Xtra packages or higher. This weekend, those that don't get that package are getting a free preview of the channels.

If they were changing your package, you should have gotten an email or direct mail notice.

7. Light Warrior

Light Warrior Photon Soldier

I wish I had The Hub, but I depend on livestreams and YouTube to satiate my hunger for transforming robots and friendship ponies. (Yes, I'm a brony, what up?)

Netflix is also good, but it only has the first season of Prime, so I'm having to watch the second season by... illegal means. And my fiancée's DVR--that's legal, right?

8. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

If I lost the Hub, I'd go insane. Cartoon Network isn't good to me anymore, and Nicktoons, for Avatar, and The Hub are the only animated programs worth watching now.

9. Light Warrior

The Hub is the best animation station on TV right now. Besides new shows like TFP and MLP: FiM, it also has classics like Batman: TAS.

Jetix was awesome, but then it got replaced with the vastly inferior Disney XD, which is mostly just the same tween crap that the parent channel shows (along with Phineas & Ferb, which is awesome, but I mainly watch that on Netflix).

Cartoon Network stopped being awesome years ago, as did Nickelodeon. I wouldn't mind having Boomerang (needs more Looney Tunes though, as well as Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and other WB shows of that era) and NickToons Network; they have some of the best classic animation.

As far as modern animation goes, however, The Hub is my new favorite network. Comedy Central is probably my favorite adult station though.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, it's ALWAYS been a pay for channel in my line up... it's in my family tier along with some of the other toon channels.

Think that's the case for many folks...as they've complained about it NOT being in their regular cable/dish packages.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Cartoon Network has morphed into a network of disappointment. They did have a fun cartoon line up at one point but now it seems to be stuff like Young Justice teen angst, Star Wars angst, or shows that seem to pull off stupid just to experiment on what kids will watch during the day and stoned adults at night.

Some good stuff out there like Avatar, Gravity Falls, or Transformers Prime but you kind of have to jump around to networks unlike the good old days of watching Power Puff Girls by day and Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law during the late night.

12. Light Warrior

I also remember a time when Adult Swim didn't suck. Now it's just garbage made for stoners by stoners. I find more visual appeal in crap I made in Windows Paint when I was ten years old.

13. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Toonami been back for it's late night...So I'll give it to them for that, but I do remember watching those old cheezy cartoons that some how drew us in like...Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd & Eddy, Courage the cowardly dog, Xalion Showdown, Code Lyoko, as well as some of Nickelodeon show as well like Cat Dog, Hey Arnold, and many more Also during the time when Yu-gi-Oh, Digimon, and Pokemon didn't get to over complicated and was good shows at the time...Today kids will never understand these shows some times.

14. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    :lol  So true.

15. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

My family must have one of the packages The Hub is included in because I don't have any messages about it being a free preview.

I would, however, like it if DirecTV would hurry up and make The Hub an HD channel already.

16. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

The problem with Cartoon Network is that most of the shows are imported. The only CN originals airing right now are Gumball, Regular Show, and Adventure Time. Everything else is Canadian or something.

Lo and behold, I love all three of those. So... Blame Canada?

17. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yep, TFP is wonderful in HD...hope you get the HD channel added soon. Most of the cable providers have it, so I would think Direct would too.

Isn't Ben 10 Omniverse an original CN series??? Not sure where it's made, but I've heard ads claiming that.

18. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

I see. I was unaware of this show :3 Though it did just premiere and my info was from a month ago.

19. Light Warrior

I'm able to watch TFP in HD on Netflix (Season 1, anyway), and it is indeed gorgeous.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's when you can actually find something that is animated on Adult Swim. Too much live action like that rotten Tim and Eric show, NTSF:SD:SUV, or Children's Hospital.

They even managed to take a funny live action movie like Black Dynamite and turn it into a cartoon so bad that all you do is go damn I miss The Boondocks.