Direction/Advice regarding Transformers UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by trystendaycey, Oct 6, 2009.

1. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

I have recently completed my G1 Marvel US TF series (buying, not reading...still working on that :)  ) but I am a little overwhelmed with the UK series, especially since there are so many issues and so many of those reprint US material. I have Target 2006; Prey and Perchance to Dream are on the way. I am seeking advise for where to go from here with the UK series. Also, any advise as to where to procure the books/reprints would be greatly appreciated (thus far amazon has been my friend).

Thanks in advance!

2. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You should just buy the IDW Best of the UK series. Although I have most of the originals, I've happily been buying it.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Titan also did a great series of collected books a while back which included the UK stuff in large format and the black and white stuff in mini books. Some was missing by the end though, and those books are probably quite pricey now. I suppose you'd be best off grabbing the IDW reprints as they're putting out a nice selection of UK stuff.
    Or you could try and collect all the original UK Marvel TF comics (and annuals) and read the whole Marvel run as it should be. :D 

4. trystendaycey

Please forgive my ignorance: Is the IDW Best of UK an ongoing book? If so is it monthly? Thanks!

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I tend to just get it as part of my standing order and sling it in a comic box but I think it's monthly. I don't think the stories are in order though and no doubt there'll be gaps here and there unless they go back and reprint other stuff. And of course you have to slot it into the US continuity.
    It's all well worth a read though. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do a mass read of the Marvel comics and not include the UK stuff in there at the same time.

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not the cheaper option, but if you can get hold of the original issues (remember, even the reprinted US material was often amended/edited to "fit in" to the Marvel UK continuity) - I'd go for that option.

Failing that, get the Titan trades from a while ago. They reprint MOST of the UK material. Then come back here and we'll tell you which order to read them in!!

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

8. libeskind

libeskind Well-Known Member

Just chiming in to recommend a personal favourite o mine: Space Pirates. Target 2006 and Time Wars get all the glory but I honestly think this is the best the UK had to offer. Autobot and Decepticons bonding against a common enemy, Metroplex, Wreckgar and my fave bit: loads of Wheelie dialogue! I couldn't tell whether Furman was having too much fun with that or he was genuinely tormented.

9. trystendaycey

Thanks Twintwist! The listing is awesome;

I will be picking up Space Pirates in the Omnibus shortly; thanks for the tip :thumbs2: