Direct to DVD movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by rodster6, May 24, 2009.

1. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What would you like to happen if a DVD movie was released?

Id like to see Optimus and crew (including Jazz and Arcee) return to earth just to clean up the mess they made and tie up loose ends, pick up Wreck-gar and the Dinobots to return to Cybertron.
    At the same time Soundwave could gather up the cons still at large (Clones, Constructicons and team Charr) and somehow break Megs out of jail while Magnus is now up and about running things on Cybertron.
    Megs and crew manage to almost take cybertron untill Optimus and the gang show up. Huge cybertron battle between Bots and Cons until eventually the Bots win and drive the cons into space.
    Magnus decides he is to old to lead after the cons break out on his watch and so he appoints Optimus the new leader after he leads a successful charge that drives off the cons. Magnus becomes Primes advisor. Maybe Sentinal dies in battle finally doing something heroic like saving Optimus.
    The series then ends with Optimus as leader, but with the threat of the cons still out there so we can imagine future battles and adventures to come.

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like it

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    It would be the right thing to do in terms of tying thing together as the last episode left a LOT to be desired in that regard. You could tell that it was rushed and they had to end it way sooner than they had planned.

That said will Hasbro do something like this? I'm not holding my breath. It's MOVIE, MOVIE, MOVIE now and everything else can hang.

4. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a movie based on the Great War. Perhaps the main crew goes back in time, or it just takes place during the war. Some loose ends (perhaps including Sari's origin) could be explained through that. And we would get background on how the war started and maybe even character info on Jazz, Arcee, Ultra Magnus, Megs...etc.

I think that if they would take the time to make a movie, it would have to be on par with the epicness of the 1986 movie, otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Realistically speaking, if an Animated DVD movie comes out at all, it will probably not be the epic we all wanted. And I'm completely fine with that.

Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: TAS, and Teen Titans are animated series that have had at least 1 animated DVD movie, and they mostly follow the same formula of being an extended episode. And I have no problem with that.

If I were producing an Animated movie, I'd do it just like Mystery of the Batwoman, which tells its own story that maintains the status quo, and leaves the door open just in case I wanted to make another movie.

Perhaps this movie can have Swindle return as the main villain, explain Sari's origin story somewhere along the way, end with the Autobots' victorious over Swindle, and call it a day. I'd happily buy that, and any other "extended episodes" like it if they ever came to DVD. An Animated DVD movie is by no means guaranteed, and those who expect a Lord of the Rings-like epic that encompasses the Great War, Ultra Magnus' heyday, Omega vs the Decepticons, typing up every loose end, etc, will probably be very disappointed.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No matter how much I'd like it, I don't see a DVD movie all that likely unless Hasbro decided it still had some Animated toys it wanted to sell somewhere.

That said, if such a movie was made, I'd like to see it clear up the unknowns in Sari's origin story. Other than that, just a main plot with some side elements would be good, as opposed to trying to tie up every last loose end. A few possible plots I could see:

Autobots try to track down Blackarachnia and Waspinator, and find an "Island of Dr. Moreau" full of BA's experiments, which coincidentally are homages to known Maximals and Predacons.

Megatron and/or other Decepticons attempt to use time travel to change history. The idea is to get a special protoform to the offline Megatron in Sumdac's lab - but (after various time travel hijinks) it ends up as Sari instead.

7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i like your ideas. soundwave rounding up all the deceps on earth and optimus taking them all to cybertron. ultra magnus would tell optimus, "dammit, i can't deal with this anymore!" and giving him the hammer.

my only disagreement is that i'd like a finalizing ending. i hate loose ends (ahem, 'the rebirth part 3' cough ahem ['the headmasters' series didn't happen])

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Now that would make an excellent movie. You have quite an imagination. although I still wouldn't mind seeing Rodimus again... Derrick stated that he was probably going to make a cameo appearance in a crowd shot... Obviously they must've forgotten about him or something. After all, he did spend the entire series picking off the rust from his chassis.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IF Animated came back on a Direct to DVD movie, I would buy it.

10. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    It would be great if a TF:A movie would come out on DVD. The only thing I would change to what you said would be sentinel saving OP. I'd like Sentinel to turn into Nemesis Prime, SP distraught about OP becoming the new Magnus and turns on the Autobots and joins Megatron and the Decepticons.

11. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

It's not exactly likely, but I'd be all for it.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

DTV Movie? Yes please.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same here

14. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Sounds good to me.

15. rodster6

Ebay:

Rodimus did appear in the crowd briefly at the end of 'This is why I hate machines' but yea, Id deffinatly have him and his team in my movie, battling the Decepticon forces before Optimus and co show up and then fighting alongside them. Maybe Rodimus could have an underground resistance group or survivors while the Decepticons are occupying Cybertron.

I know alot of people dont like loose ends being left but as long as characters are still alive, their will be loose ends. Unless Unicron turns up and devours Cybertron and all the Transformers right at the end. Personally I dont want the end to show all the characters with nothing left to do with their existance. No more battles or adventures ahead. Though i do like specific plot points to be addressed (like Saris protoform getting to earth) though as I never really liked Sari, that particular plot point doesnt matter to me lol.

16. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I had a look at the episode on YT, but he never made an appearance. Damn Hasbro for leaving out a good bot... But, again, that is a good thought. Having him battling the Decepticons, such as Team Charr again, before Optimus and his gang show up... that's a very wild thought going on. An underground resistance would be sweet as! Your Chosen One is there with ya pal!

Darn shame really. I hate loose plotholes. It really pisses me off. I never got an explanation as to what had happened to everyone at the end of Cybertron, and it looks like they did it again with this show. I sometimes wish they made a sequel series and tell us what they did after that. Season 4 for Animated is a dream I'm keeping a hold of in my head. I still want Bumblebee to meet Hot Shot. YES! *sighs* Ugh, adults these days. You can't get them, can ya?

17. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I'd say this is probably what we're going to get in that short time between the Movie hype dying down and the hasbro channel starting up.

Hasbro are going to want SOMETHING transformers in that dry spell until the station starts, and this would be a quick win. the money to produce a direct to dvd movie from the series isn't that great, all things considered, and does solve a lot of problems.
    Animated toys are mostlikely going to be dropped into the Universe line anyway so theres nothing stopping them.

18. rodster6

Ebay:
    Spirit Prime, sorry, it was Decepticon air that had Rodimus in the crowd at the end for a very brief, small glimpse.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perhaps, but Hasbro has gotten by OK with Classics toys in the stores and nothing but early-morning reruns of Cybertron on the air, so I wouldn't go assuming there's a NEED to fill any gaps with media.

20. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Add me to that list...