Non-TF: Diorama: The way it should've been...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

...Because everyone knows the Tieren Ground Type is an awesome grunt suit. Screw you, Exia.

This is my first Diorama, and i'd say it's at 90% completion. Just have to paint the back of it black to hide the cardboard skeleton, and decide on the final layout of the scattered Exia parts before i glue them in place. Exia's right arm is also on fire and severed, but it happens to be behind Tieren so you can't see it in the pics. The house on the left does actually have one corner cut out, where Tieren's right foot is, to simulate him burning it and then stomping it into the ground. Anyways, enjoy, and any suggestions are welcome.

*And kids don't try this at home. I dropped hot glue onto my finger, it wasn't exactly very fun.
    **Rail for decoration only. No actual trains will be running, obviously. :D 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      306.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      396.8 KB
      Views:
  2. LeAmourVrai

LeAmourVrai Autobot

Surprisingly awesome! :D  And I bet you're lying, how can this be your first diorama? It's so amazing. :lol  Just a suggestion, paint the fire on Exia like the fire on the house as the "fire" certainly looks like blood to me right now. :p  Anyway, with some weathering + battle damage on Exia and his scattered body parts, this would be a hell of a diorama! :) 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is very cool, and I always enjoy seeing your work. We need more dioramas :) 

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    if I had the space... I prolly make one for every 3sets of figures :D 

nice first DIO bro!!

5. Treadshot A1

Heh, thanks a lot! This is my first diorama, honest! :bowdown: 

Your suggestions are much appreciated. Unfortunately, i couldn't change the fire colour (painting hot glue is a one way deal, to go back would mean stripping the whole hillside along with it), but i swear in person it is orange (i suck at photos). In fact, it's the exact same colour as the fires on the severed leg, which has now been modified to look more damaged (faux cables included). I also added a few battle scars to Exia, mainly his shoulder armor, and on his hip, which i hope is visible in the pics.

Thank you kind sir! I do agree, we need more dioramas to display our figures on! :) 

Make 'em! You know you want to. ;) 

Thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE! W00t, all details added to diorama. Now just cleaning up the white around the edges. Unfortunately, my camera has decided to hate me once more :) mad), and the entire thing refuses to show up on film. So i got the next best thing: pics of what i've done to Exia! Warning: Frayed cables may present a safety hazard. Do not give to Children. This diorama is not a toy. ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      249.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I love dioramas and I love hot glue fire! You didn't happen to read about that in Toyfare did you? :) 
    The flames on the house are a little drippy though. You can help that by holding the piece upside down as you work, so they drip upwards.
    BTW- I've had hot glue on my hands too. It's fairly awful.

7. Treadshot A1

Hey Tom Servo, nice to see ya. Heh, i wanted to hold the house upside down, but being my first, i'd been stupid enough to glue the house to the base first. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

I will certainly take your advice for next time, though.

Also, no, i hadn't read Toyfare yet, sorry. However, i did read the tutorial on Sector70 you wrote, great tutorial i'd recommend to anyone (who isn't a little kid :lol )!

8. JaZzMan26

JaZzMan26 Well-Known Member

glad you like dioramas, wait till you see what I'm putting together with the WFC figures...hehe