Dinomech 2 Transformer Chasmosaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Pointblank, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Pointblank

Pointblank Banned

So you may ask what a Dinomech is, and that’s a good question. These are pretty good quality dinosaur transformers that are distributed by Toysmith toys in the USA. You have probably seen the cheap knock offs of these in dollar stores before.

[​IMG]

Well, to start off this figure is from the Dinomech 2 Series, so I missed series 1 apparently.

This figure is of Chasmosaurus, a Dinosaur from the cretaceous period. For the simplicity of this review, I will simply call him “Bob”.

[​IMG]

Bob looks fantastic in beast mode. He is very detailed all over, including a very cool rubbery crest on his head. He has several points of articulation in Beast mode, including all legs. The back legs rotate at the knee as well. Finally, the tail is actually two pieces, and each rotates. The plastic is heavy and is really good quality. I expected the plastic to be cheap and brittle, but I think it would hold up really well if it was played with.

[​IMG]

Robot mode is a different story. Bob’s robot legs don’t bend or move in anyway, except to extend to make the robot a little taller. The robot arms on the other hand, are fantastic, with many points of articulation. He is shown on the back of the card with a gun, but none was included in the package. He can hold most weapons with ease. As you can see, he can hold Transmetal Rattrap’s tail and he could even hold bow like weapon if you had one, as illustrated by the paint brush. Another bad point in robot mode is that neither his head nor his waist turn, which limits the figure on many levels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all, the figure is pretty cool if you like brick-formers or dinosaurs. The price I paid was $6.99 at a local Hobby Town store and I don’t regret buying him at all. The other figures available in this wave are Dilophosaurus, Deinonychus, and a T-Rex.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think these are done by the same people who did the truck and motorcycle bots in the past (which had great alt-modes with die-cast, and ass-like bot modes, with the same gundamoptimesque face on all of them). A friend got me a couple other 'dino-bots' from presumably the same manufacturer, a T-rex and a Velociraptor. (maybe the same as the Deinonychus mentioned) Both have quite good dino-modes, with nifty paint jobs. (no metal though) and ugly bot modes with the head and neck of the dino jutting out the chest/stomach of the robot mode.

3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome for a knockoff, I wish I knew where to get some of them.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here in the UK they're sold at a store called Wilkinsons, as well as other end-of-the-line liquidator type places. Might want to try a Big Lots or something like that over your side and see if you have any luck there.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I've got a Dilophosaur one of these
    Its based almost exactly on the JP3 mold. But with a robot mode.
    Its the shoddyest piece of crap I've ever bought.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I have a deinonichus-bot which is red with yellow underbelly in dino mode (which Spilberg passed as velociraptor in "Jurasic Park". Hell, velociraptor is 3 feet tall, deinonichus is 5-6 feet tall and about 10 feet long).

I also have a blue Mack truck-bot which is plainly awesome in alt mode but his robot mode as Feralstorm said, leaves much to be desired, although he's not bad, kinda like a G1 design esthetic, but that long nose belly is just ... bleh.

7. brybosch

brybosch I can has recon? NO!

i have one like that but its a normal triceratops and hardly has any arm movement and came in a package called dinosaur eden i painted it over with my sharpie gave him some autobot insignias on him and called him slugs

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Ha, that's pretty cool. I'd pick some of these up for kicks.

9. CrestFallen87

CrestFallen87 New Member

i honestly kinda like the dilophosaur one, its like a g1 tf inside a beastwars jp dino

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I have this one as well as a T-Rex, they're pretty good for KOs.

I paid $15 for him though, so I do feel a bit ripped off. :lol