Dinocassettes C-123 and C-124 MIB

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by megamus, Dec 27, 2009.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol 

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I was watching some auctions from this seller a month ago. Just beware she/he will pad all her auctions with another account. Thought I think that's her asking price still beware that the ending price will be inflated.

And yes, that price is inflated. If you don't care for the box, just get a loose one. It's do-able.

4. megamus

News Credits:
    While loose or boxed is on my MOST WANTED list. I just could not pull the trigger on that price. If anyone knows of a loose one for sale LMK
    Of course not at that outrageous price.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

All I can say is WOW!, this person thinks they have a ton of gold sitting on with this auction for which they don't. What happends IF something like this gets made next yr for say 60bones a set. Then what does that do to the price anyway.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really do see that happening.

7. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

aye - i'd hazard a guess he's desperately hoping to offload them for big bucks to a gullible punter before an encore/HG-KO turns up.

8. megamus

News Credits:
    While the likelihood of that happening is remote. I still cannot see paying that much for them. As was stated before they are not as rare as other Japanese exclusives which go for less. I will wait and find them cheaper. I found the first set for under $400 so I am sure I will do it again for this set.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Optimus says: You need a little bit of Energon & ALOT of luck! :lol 

10. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Personally i am convinced those are KO's already. That seller has had some nice stuff but the descriptions are minimal at best. The lack of corner wear is unsettling and the gloss of the box seems a little too reflective to me. My best guess is that the ko makers are hoping to keep their upcoming products on the DL so as to have more of an opportunity to sell them as originals to unknowing ebayers. The recent KO constructicons appeared simultaneously on this site's front page and on Ebay; A small window of time for potential buyers to become aware of the KO's existence. I would love to see someone post the original dinocassettes for a comparison. This seller also sold some japanese headmasters recently that I assumed were KO's as well.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Didn't know that these cassettes have been KO'ed already. You sure about this? :confused: 

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Here's a gallery/review of them:

Article dinocass

13. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Oops!

14. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    As far as Iknow the tapes have not been KO'd I know both people making the heads and neither of them have plans for the tapes.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If KOs of the tapes appear it should be obvious by the number of auctions. The dinotapes don't come up for sale too often.

16. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:

Agreed, no this date, nobody has KO these tapes. For a while, there was a KO of guarfi with a different head. For a while I was trying to get my hands on him but failed.

As for megamus, you can always get your hands on just a loose set of the dino cassettes but then you will have to go thru Alyosho for the reproduced weapons. Some of those weapons were copies of my original weapon sets. :lol 

17. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Word. It seemed like some folks in the lucky draw group mentioned that KO cassettes were on the way. That's my source. It seems that if ko makers could just sell 10 sets of these for $2000 each that would be enough to make a huge profit. The only way to do that is limit distribution so as not to arouse suspicion when a huge influx of tapes arrive on Ebay. It seems plausible to me. The ones in the auction look just like the originals to me. This seller has sold quite a few high dollar items recently, and the AFA 85 slag they have up for sale does not look like an 85 to me. I think the seller is sketchy at best. While no one has confirmation of these casstettes being KO'ed I would not doubt it as they are the ideal toy.Small, rare, and high dollar. As it stands I am just speculating, though. Sorry if I scared/hurt any body;) 

18. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    naw man, that 2k price tag scared people away and the sellers sketchy rep doesnt help.

19. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Yea i don't like how they sell 90's chinese re-issues w/ the sticker still on as original G1. But WTF Dinoking giftset? It's an unsettling mix of high dollar OG items, chinese re-issues, AFA?, and KO's. All from Beijing.

20. megamus

News Credits:
    If you guys remember a month or so back a set without weapons came up for $350. I was tempted and the person who did buy it did not do so for 25 minutes so there I was for 25 minutes debating. I was told afterwards about the repro guns and Elrod even spoke to me about them but of course that was after the auction ended. Yeah if i had know about the repro weapons I would have jumped on it. Oh well, knowledge is power and all that.....
    Next time;)