Dinobots VS Seekers TOTAL SMACKDOWN...Who Wins?!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

I agree with Split Lip.:thumbs2: 

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dinobots can defeated The Seekers ,but The Seekers are HUGE Sub-Team that crashed The Dinobots by Troops then Strongth.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uhh, what?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The more I read here, the more I agree with you. The only reasons that anybody has given for the Dinos chances are either ridiculously unlikely, or pure fanboy Dinobot wankery. :) 

The Dinos are tough, but they're not indestructible. Repeated pummeling from heavy weapons will still take them down eventually.

Especially the comic version Dinobots, who are more than anything, just a badass Autobot assault team. They take the land, and they hold it. But against a specialized airstrike team like the Seekers, they're just big targets. On a level playing field with no cover and a clear airspace they don't have much of a chance. It's not really what they were made for, and not really a fair fight for them.

I disagree. Based on what I've seen of the Dinos flying, it would be like very clumsy armoured helicopters versus modern jets. I doubt they'd even be able to stay airborne long enough to get a shot in, let alone actually take a Seeker out.

If the Dinos stood their ground (what they do best) they might be able to weather the firestorm that the Seekers would throw at them just long enough to get some shots in and turn the tide of battle. Maybe.

But trying to engage the Seekers in their own element? That would be suicide, even for Dinobots.

Um, how? Swoop is a bomber... he's not made for speed or air combat. He flies at 250 mph. Do you know how SLOW that is? He'd get turfed by a Seeker so fast, it wouldn't even be funny.

Agreed. Poor Swoop.

Errr... nope. For one thing, there are no Pterodactyls the size of F-15s... but let's not open the problematic size-relation issue. If the Dinobots were actually the size of real dinosaurs, most of them really wouldn't be so big at all.

It would be hard enough for Swoop to shoot down a Seeker. Managing to physically LAND himself on one is not only next to impossible, it would actually be really stupid for him. Swoop is both physically weaker than any of the Seekers, and noted for his fragility. If Swoop and a Seeker go down in a tangled mess (transformed or not), Swoop won't come out any better. And if he picks Ramjet to collide with, he's just finished.

Exactly! But they don't even have to see in a perfect sphere around themselves. Swoop would never, ever catch one.

Cornering isn't an issue,when you're flying at Mach speeds or making strafing runs... they would be flying so fast, they'd be out of the Dinobots' range before they even had to start turning around for the next pass.

Plus I'm sure that Seekers can corner better than any human jet. The ability to transform mid-flight and change direction pretty much negates the usual aerodynamic concerns.

And as for the concerns raised about "Remember the time on the cartoon when the Dinobots did this, and the Seekers fell down, and the Autobots won?"... It's ridiculous to argue that point when the TV show was always written so the good guys win, and the bad guys never look too cool. Realistically, the Dinos would be totally outclassed by a strong air unit. It wouldn't be an exciting battle, I'll admit... just the Dinos getting hit with wave after wave of air bombardment... but lets give the Seekers some credit for a change... they're good at their jobs.

I love the Dinobots, but the only thing they have going for them in this fight is the sheer number of shots it would take to finally scrap one. The Seekers might have to break off their attack just to go back to base and reload! :) 

On the other hand... if the battle took place in a dense jungle terrain with lots of cover, or a rocky area with lots of ravines and cliffs that would impede normal attack runs... that would be a different story. As soon as the Seekers put themselves within reach of the Dinobots' teeth, talons and swords, it would become a very quick, very messy Seeker massacre. :) 

zmog

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:drunk  maybe?

Drinking while typing is dangerous. never know what might happen :sly: 

6. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    If instead of spending time typing that text, you went through the episodes I referenced, you'd see the dinobots stomping all over the seekers every time, in wide open spaces, with the seekers in the air.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Dinobots for sure. They are the undisputed powerhouse of TF Universe. Their only challengers seem to be Devastator (and other combiners I'd imagine). Seekers will pose a problem early on with their intelligence and maneuverability and speed but just a few direct hits and they'll go down in flames, whereas each Dinobot (save Swoop) can take many licks and keeps on ticking. Being a huge fan of Predaking I am tempted to say Predacons can match up well vs Dinobots but even that would be a one sided fight. I'd love to see Predaking fighting all 5 Dinobots though.

8. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aww man I'd love to see that, maybe IDW will eventually get around to somethin that awsome

9. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    By the way, here it is
    at 7:00 you can see two seekers going at what appears to be full speed, getting shot down and then crash landing into a hangar that proceeds to explode.

And yes, Megatron pulls a plan B out of his ass at the end of the fight, which only works because skywarp could still shoot, because bumblebee and the humans wanted to stand and do nothing instead of let the dinobots finish obliterating the deceptions. And it only worked because they were in bot mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    The predacons are the only ones I could actually see beating the dinobots. They aren't the smartest bunch, but Predaking is the most powerful decepticon combiner simply because the predacons are the only decepticon gestalt group that actually gets along with eachother. Plus, the intelligence they do have mostly focuses on hunting and stalking things, which would be perfect for taking out the dinobots.

11. SMOG

And if you had actually read my post, you would have gotten this part, specifically aimed at your citing of the ludicrous TV scenarios:
    And this qualifying statement that makes it clear which version of the Dinobots I favour:
    And just for good measure, I'll re-iterate this point as well...
    So instead of typing a whole lot of text, this time all I had to do was refer you back to the text in which I clearly addressed (and summarily dismissed) your points.

So I still think you're wrong. :) 

zmog

12. SMOG

See, this raises an interesting point in this match-up. The Seekers are one of the few groups I think the Dinobots would have a lot of trouble with. The Dinos are great against anything they can surround and bash into submission... but against the Seekers, they'd be fighting a foe who would refuse to meet them toe-to-toe. Landing a direct hit, let alone a few, would be a tall order for lumbering thugs like the Dinobots.

We all know the Dinobots' strengths... but let's not forget their weaknesses. They're REALLY slow, and incapable of thinking strategically. And their resistance to normal artillery would be offset by vulnerabilities to sensor-crushing sonic booms, paralyzing null rays, and repeated sneak attacks.

So while it's possible that the Dinos might manage to outlast the jets, I think the weight of combined barrages would finally topple them. It's a case where fighting dirty and smart would likely win the day.

zmog

13. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yeah but that's not really a point, more of a remark

14. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:

your relying on the tv show (which you just denounced) about their intelligence. In all other(at least most) cannon's the dino's are pretty intelligent. specialy grimmy.

15. SMOG

Hmmm. All I see is a positively ******ed cartoon fight scene contrived to set up a plotline for a kid's tv episode. I gotta love all that comedy gold, like Sludge knocking those little barrels at the Seekers, causing them to slip and slide and trip over them like sideshow clowns on roller skates. Or Swoop dropping bombs on other, faster aircraft? Or a null-ray blast bouncing off Snarl directly back to hit Starscream?

Now that's a balanced and realistic battle scenario. ;) 

And while we're citing examples, how about the time in the comics that they got their fat dino-butts handed to them by Shockwave alone? And then Megatron went on to do it too, and make it look even easier! Or the time that Blaster fought Grimlock to a standstill in single combat?

I love the Dinobots, but they are way overrated I'm afraid.

zmog

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    You just like to argue, don't you? OK, fine, I'll admit that the episodes I saw never actually existed, the dinobots weren't scripted and drawn to win in the episodes I apparently never saw, I never had any toys based on the cartoon that had the episodes I never saw.

You win I guess, the transformers cartoon is a lie! G1 never happened! I mean, why argue over what could happen in a fictional universe, when it actually did happen in that fictional universe, it's lunacy! Oh wait.. no.. nevermind. It's what happened with the characters in the cartoon, and you're wrong. Unless you're going to try and deny those episodes don't exist, or that the seekers actually won in those episodes, or something else as silly :rolleyes2 

Dinobots > Seekers

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Dinobots hands down!!!

18. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave was a f**ckin powerhouse in the comics, and the dino's did pretty well for newborns (in that cannon)

Also Megs took out Prediking single handledly, so I'd say he was pretty powerfull as well.

My big reason is that the dino's work extreamly well together as a team, while the seekers often f**k each other up more than their enemy's.

Plus they kicked Unicrons ass (for awhile) but the seekers turned into a flying KFC :D 

19. SMOG

Neither... it's an observation. :) 

But no less obnoxious than Prisoner1138's suggestion that all my typing was merely wasted energy in the face of his incontrovertible argument to the contrary.

Wow... to think that I spent all that time exploring the possibilities of an intelligent Seeker/Dinobot confrontation, and I didn't know I was already beaten by his citation of a goofy fight sequence in the TF cartoon. Well, I guess there's no point in having a discussion, if there's only one worthy opinion, eh?

Not really. I agree very much that the Dinobots aren't supposed to be severely ******ed by clinical standards, like they are in the TV show. I always hated that aspect.

But they aren't really smart either. Grimlock is above-average intelligence, but he focuses on brute strength approaches. Snarl and Swoop are not bad, though not tactical thinkers by any stretch. Sludge and Slag are just flat out DUMB. :) 

And they really ARE slow. Calling the Dinobots "lumbering thugs" is pretty accurate, I'd say.

zmog

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd say Seekers would win for sure. Swoop would be down and out pretty quickly, leaving 4 large slow moving and ground based targets. They don't have much range on those flamethrowers, they can't use their brute strength against airborne seekers, all they have is their projectile weapons and aiming abilities. Seekers would nail them hard.

As someone else mentioned, if this was a bar fight the Dinobots would win easily.