Dinobots, to be, or not to be, that is the question

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Dinobots?

1. Yes

48.3%
  2. No

51.7%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Bay hates 'em. The writers like them. We, the fandom, love and hate them.

Should they be in the movieverse? Vote.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, why not?

As another poster once pointed out, if the writers can't figure out a way to plausibly depict the Dinobots in the Movie-verse, they lack the imagination to write for a Transformers film.

3. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I say yes! I like the Dinobots a lot!

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Agreed

If we can get implausible giant metal balls and the gansta twins we deserve to get dinobots after putting up with that. Not like plot or reason has ever been a thought in any of these films. Bay if he had to would just introduce them then instantly no explantion and just have them killed.

Kinda like the arcee group there still is no official word on what they hell they are.

5. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about this... For now I say no and it isn't because I don't like the Dinobots or wouldn't like to see them in the movie, it's just that I think the writers would seriously mess it up and they would be more of a slapstick act than something really cool and memorable.
    On the other hand more than 90 percent of the last movie was slapstick...

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Devastator (including the "implausible" giant robot balls that get a maximum of a couple of seconds of screen time, that you seem so irritated by) and the "gansta twins" all transform into regular vehicles. So do all the other characters apart from Megatron, who couldn't care less WHO sees him.
    You know, as opposed to great big metal dinosaurs.
    Which MAY be a tad conspicuous.
    I say yes, put them in. But I say yes with a proviso; put them in as long as they can actually be IN DISGUISE and STILL satisfy fans. Get your imagination around that and see what you come up with.

And before anyone chimes in with "Well Grimlock wouldn't care who saw him either, consider this: great big robot dinosaurs would be VERY scary to the general public. Hardly a good thing for the good guys.

And consider this as well: Sam Raimi doesn't like Venom. And Venom in Spiderman 3 was TERRIBLE. Hardly a good precedent for a director having to work with characters he doesn't like.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. If Bay doesn't like them, why would he choose to put them in his movie?
    And this as well!

8. Optimus Prime66

Optimus Prime66 Member

I have ALWAYS hated the Dinobots and frankly found them a stupid concept so I vote a definite NO!

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I love 'em but I don't think they'd work well in the movieverse context.

Having said that, I saw something, I think it was in the fan art competition, where the guy had designed Grimlock with the dinosaur as his 'bot mode, and an armoured truck of some description as his alt mode. That could work.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see the problem, honestly. Just start with their WW designs (supposed to be their "original" forms), and then make Earth interpretations of those: IE, they'd turn into military vehicles, and yet their robot modes would still have the major design cues that would make them recognizable.

11. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

Nay, just something else for a whiner to claim was "ruined" by the movie verse and thus far, being mostly robots in disguise have worked. I'm not a huge fan of the Dinobots/Grimlock myself

12. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I voted yes, let test Micheal bay's true quality.

13. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

NO.....

but if they are forget the they...Just use grimlock cuz he is awesome.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ehh, I say have them in. It's not like Bay's TF-adapting track record is going to improve, but it would be interesting to see just what horrible reinterpretation of the Dinobots he'd come up with.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While I've really enjoyed the Dinobots in the different stories they have been in over the years I think it would be better to hold off using them in the movie universe until we got a director who would be more open to using them.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ash is right, I mean, you guys remember what they did to Venom in Spider 3 right? He was basically the director's punching bag.

Not a problem with the concept itself, but as Bay himself once said in a occasion that I don't really remember, it's impossible to make something right when your heart isn't into it.

17. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Yeah, sure. .-.

But I will destroy something if Bay kills them off just because he doesn't like them.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd love to see them, or at the very least, Grimlock. Though with Bay hating them for some odd reason, I don't see them making the cut. If they do somehow get included, I honestly hope they get more respect than Arcee did. Bay hated her, yet still included her, and we see what bots he hates get for screen time/importance to the story. I'd rather the Dinobots and Grimlock not be included at all, rather than have Bay screw them up too.

19. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    In yet another topic about Dinobots, I will say again that I love The Dinobots, always have, always will, they forever rock faces.

And I'll reiterate that Bay, with his love of explosions & flames, and giant fucking robots, he'd be happier than a pig in shit with what he could pull off with Bayformers-brand Dinobots.

To which I'll follow once more with the noting of the fact to any & all wanting Dinobots in Bayformers that in absolute all likelihood the Dinobots, or just Grimlock, will bear little to zero resemblance to their former incarnations.

Then I'll end with; I vote 'No'.

20. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to see the dinobots in the next movie, but I also don't care if they're vehicles or dinosaurs.