Dinobots reissue giftset... is it possible?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm just going to get the wst Dinobots for right now

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    See, this is why I was asking for numbers (although I'll happily accept godsenddeath's reply that "relative to other TF lines" reissues have done well in Japan). Whether your statement, Valkysas, is true or not, it comes off as hyperbole, and the Transformers fandom has a bad habit of using hyperbole to make assertions that aren't actually true. I was trying to be careful and check for something more substantial.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the basis that a relativley small part of the mold is damged, it may be possible.

.... and an Anime Swoop would be a BIG seller.

4. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

I seem to recall in some previous discussion of this someone claiming that the Dinobots were not a big seller in japan. Wether they were refering to the tail end of the Diaclone line (where the molds hail from) or the TF version wasn't stated.

Of course they did reissue the insecticons, which were contempories of the Dinobots in both Diaclone and Transformers and have the same design features.

5. Swoop X

Swoop X Beware Of The Decepticons

It would be cool if they realeased a gift set, but at the same time not.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I remember this from some other thread also, but wondered then if it was true or not also. I know Hasbro has published quarterly earnings statements in the past that have given solid information on how well TFs were doing for them, if not specific figures. I wonder if Takara ever does the same in Japan--I have no idea what corporate governance laws are like over there. Without something like that, straight from the horse's mouth, I don't think we'll ever really know how well TF's do for them short of making money (they keep selling them) or not (they stop). Fan guesses are suspect in the extreme.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, and I would totally buy Dinobot reissues, individuals or a giftset.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Online petitions are less than worthless as they are not even on paper to be worth the paper they are on.

As for the Dinobots Before Predaking I would have said no chance in hell, after Predaking I would have said you have a good chance, after the Takara/Tomy Merger I would say your chances are not so good.

There have been no more reissues announced since the merger, BT Convoy becomes a overglorified Alt with No Metal, The Takara we once knew and loved is gone, and in it's place is a cheap ass Knock Off.

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would think that even even if they had to make all new molds, it would be cheaper than making an all new toy since they don't have to do any designs of the pieces needed.

10. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason I started this thread is because I believe the future of retail will be company's knowing what there customers want via internet and providing it for them. It's obvious reading any forum on any TF site that we would all like all five Dinobots reissued in their original glory. This is why I would buy a Dino Giftset instantly if it was offered. I wish we could request The TFs on line directly from the factory to our house. I really don't think Takara knows what to reissue for the fans sake. How do you explain the Kup and Wheelie reissue? :confused:  That thing sucked! Im' now putting on flame statement proof armor...;) 

11. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I also agree with some of the above comments with regards to the end of the re-issues...

I think with the Classics line and the Movie line coming up, I believe Hasbro/Takara want to move us away from the vintage stuff (i.e. no announcements for re-issues since G1 Blaster and Galvatron). It could be that they want to concentrate on a few toy lines and make them great as opposed to stretching too thinly (re-making old molds seems to be pretty costly and kids today are not interested in Die-cast as we were back 20 yrs ago - the stuff is dated).

Anyways, I hope they stop the re-issues so that my collection is more easily sold on E-bay one day... (yeah, I'm selfish)

12. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    why dont u just buy em of tf sourse goosh its not that hard they got one now 2 coming up snarl they got grimlock and sllag are coming and im shure sllug and swoop are comming soon $16.00 2 for $30.00 not that hard

13. Born 2B Alive!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, you are right. TF Source is a great site to buy from. That is if we are allowed to say that here??? But Im' talking about the original size Dinos ... not the WST ones.

14. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    oh thoes are world smallest tf never noticesed that ya y dont they make big dinos!

15. Born 2B Alive!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not yet.... But I wish they did.

16. Swoop X

Swoop X Beware Of The Decepticons

You make a good point. Hasbro and Takara are paying more attention to the movie and the Classics toy-line. They want our attention away from reissues for now. Well maybe till the 50th anniversery or like that.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do they really? i always see them on shelves, only a few sell out and even then theyre easily obtainable in the secondary market.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, as I understand it, reverse-engineering a mold is disproportionately expensive, moreso than developing an original mold in most cases (varies from case to case, I'm sure).

Something to do with the methods of "scanning" the parts to replicate them, and retaining all the detail and proper tolerances, etc.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd think individual reissues would sell better. A box set of all 5 would like run between $150-200, which would be prohibitive for a lot of people. Singles would only run maybe $40 each, and spaced out with 4-5 month between them would make it easy to afford. (I say 4-5 months because they've been slow as hell with reissues lately.)

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    All I know is that alot of them ( #0 Prime, Starscream, Megatron, Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blitzwing, etc, etc, etc, ) have sold out and are skyrocketing in price on the second hand market. So they must be selling well enough...