Dinobots reissue giftset... is it possible?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been thinking about this for a long time. Can we the fans of The Transformers all sign some sort of pettition to send to the powers at be at Takara requesting certain reissues? Im' sure we could get alot of signatures on a pettition requesting that a Dinobot giftset like the recently released Predacon one be made. Am I right in assuming every collector in the TF community would be up for that kind of reissue? Would Takara want that kind of imput from us? We have alot of smart people on this website.... I think they would know how to make stuff like this happen. What do you all think?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Don't waste your time with a petition. They do nothing, especially TF ones.

Who knows if the molds even exist anymore?

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm sure Takara knows we want them. They know reissues sell well. If they had the molds, we'd have the reissues. My guess is that the molds are lost.

4. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Well, for those who know about such things... if the molds are gone, does that mean for sure they wouldn't reproduce them? I mean, KO manufacturers do it all the time. Is the cost prohibitive for them? Does Takara have some sort of thing against doing things like that?

Not that I desperately need it, seeing as I just completed my Dinobot collection this week. :D 

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Dinobots RULE!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, the method used to manufacture the KOs was done via reverse manufacturing.

And I believe it was mentioned in the past that some of the combiner molds are damaged or missing.

I also agree that a petition would do utterly nothing for our cause...

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Online petitions generally do nothing, especially about toys. I'd buy up some Dinobot reissues if they made them (would love to have another set, mint) but I'm guessing theres a reason we haven't seen them yet. If for some reason Takara has been holding out on them, I doubt they'd be able to hold out much longer.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Dinobots are high on my list of desired reissues, and a boxset would be ideal. But without any upcoming reissues in the pipeline, I'm wondering how long it's going to be before seeing any more at all.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Well, the G1 TF website was recently updated, so at least we know that TakaraTomy still has a vision for a TF line.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Do they? What are the numbers, as compared with other toys in Japan?

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Revenue or profit? These have a lot higher markup than current toys aimed at children.

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    A fair question. Either would be more information than I currently have, and would likely support (or refute) the idea of "they know reissues sell well."

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, according to all the online rumors... a boxset is out of the question, because Swoop's mold is heavily damaged. Of course, that's just a rumor... for some reason when people got a chance to talk to a Takara rep at last years Botcon nobody ever bothered to confirm anything about the Dinobots when asking about Mirage, Sunstreaker and Wheeljack.

You would think if the molds were still available that they would produce Grimlock rather quickly.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Relative to the numbers other TF lines have done in Japan, reissues have generally done well.

Popular rumor is that the mold for Swoop is either damaged beyond repair, or lost.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They reverse engineered soundwave's mold, I'm sure they'll eventually do the same with the dinobots.

the reissues are a big, big seller. They sell world-wide, and always sell out shortly after they're released. for this reason, I wish they'd start doing more runs of them, like they did for all of them up until Megatron.

16. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm... you gotta believe they aren't all lost... I mean 3 of 'em were released in '93... so that's like 13 years haha...

Maybe?

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they reverse engineered the parts of the Soundwave mold that were damaged from the Soundblaster mold.

They also basically re-engineered the Ricochet mold from the reissue mold of Jazz. So it wouldn't be unprecedented for Takara to do something like that at all.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're saying that because of the hinge, right? if so, it's likely not true. There are many old G1 soundwaves with the same type of hinge as the reissue. I have one.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I believe it was stated somewhere during one of the Botcons or OTFCCs, but I unfortunantly can't find the old set of threads. But it doesn't really matter... point is that they did reverse engineer the mold. Which means they could do it with another figure if they fealt that it would sell well.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I also remember reading rumors of Swoop's Mold being damaged...but I really hope they could reverse-engineer it like they did Soundwave.

And as always:

Takara:

If you reissue the Dinobots as a gift set of individually I will buy three each of them. That is all.