Dinobots, plot thread for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gobotron, May 22, 2009.

1. gobotron

gobotron Active Member

i think i know how they can thread the dinobots into current movieverse. They could have been part of an autobot force sent to track/fight the fallen and followers millions of years ago. They could then have scanned and took dino forms. blah blah blah and they are buried and forgotten for the next few million years. In modern day TF3, they are discovered and revived. ta dah, we have dino-mayhem in the 21st century :bay 

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Why do the Dinobots need a huge-ass explanation?

1. Grimlock and co. get a signal/rally not unlike the signal at the end of TF1
    2. They travel to Earth.
    3. They land in a museum.
    4. They scan animatronic dinosaurs, thinking that's a beneficial disguise.
    5. ???
    6. Dinobot profit!

That, or we only get one (Grimlock) and he's not a dinosaur, but some other alt form that maybe has an homage to a dinosaur.

I think any more of a narrative beyond that is completely unnecessary *shrug*

3. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I think that unicron might be introduced, oh, and i really want some cybertron action, i want to see cybertron.

4. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

Good Lord. These threads are as numerous, as pointless, and as :horse:  as the "Dur, Jazz is coming back" threads!

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    well I want the Dinobots in the movies as much as the next guy and i personally think they could do it like this have then scan the animatronic dinos at first then later prime orders them to scan new forms, and in a touch to Grimlock's alternators alt form he could scan a mustang ( assuming they could get Ford to give the okay)

6. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all i know is that if the dinobots get put in TF3, the fandom will rejoice

7. OptimusPrim3

OptimusPrim3 Active Member

There would be mass shifting if he is the size of a T-rex and then scans a mustang. No?

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    possiblly im not sure how the mass of a t-rex compares to the mass of a Ford Mustang, length wise yes there certainly would be, and anyway it just my idea inthe end its up to the writers and Bay to come up with a way to work the Dinobots in, that said id gladly switch the Dinobots out for an autobot combiner or Omega Supreme/Metroplex/Fort Max

9. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

well they're dumb right? so them landing at the Gobi desert or in Utah & seeing only bones around everywhere of course they'd just scan that.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I wouldn't. I'd be relatively indifferent to it.

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

too bad. I wanted to see the Dinobots versus Devastator like in the original movie mixed with Baysplosions and other crap like that. They could only be just a little bigger than Optimus if at all. That would be pretty cool if Mudflap is holding on to Devy's tooth and every other Autobot is preoccupied by a menacing Decepticon and out of the sky comes donw Grimlock! (and Swoop, Slag, Sludge, Snarl, and whoever else...)

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Leave the Dinobots out of the movieverse. Please, no fanwankery.

13. tomboland

News Credits:
    well.......alot of fans would as far as im concerned. I cant really see how they would fit into the plotline, but if i suddenly heard

"Me Grimlock no bozo, me king!" i would wet my pants in suprise and joy!

14. tomboland

News Credits:
    but....but.....but......fan wankery is fun!

15. LeoMaximus1983

LeoMaximus1983 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of introducing more "animal/beast" mode transformers into the films but only to a certain degree. Personally I dont think you need to explain their "animal" modes too much look at Ravage and Scorponok, could it not just be possible that there are animal species of autonimus robotic organisims on cybertron?. Is earth the only planet with both man kind and animals alike? Aslong as people are open to re interpiation and dare i say "dun dun durrrrrr" design tweeks to make them more cybertonian ie ravage's singualr eye etc then we could see some really intresting CGI models and epic savage/primal fights in future films to come. :) 

Im working on some "concept art" for both DinoBots and Predacons and its a great challenge

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I had a similar thread to this a while back and IMO I would like to see the Dinobots show up.They could be a Cybertonian type of "animal/beast" and thus explain their appearance, or as I stated before, the Humans and Autobots could team up to "create" them, in the forms of dinosaurs, seeing as how the dinosaurs were some of the most powerful,yet not that intelligent, beasts to ever roam the Earth.To possibly counteract a huge Decepticon threat for the 3rd movie, like someone stated in another thread,Megs and Starscream escape at the end of ROTF and call Shockwave and tell him to bring everyone.I don't get how people can bash the idea of them being in the movieverse because in the "Bayverse" anything and everything is possible.There are a ton of ways to introduce them and if we can all sit around and speculate how to do it, surely these Hollywood writers can think of a tasteful and creative way to work them in without ruining the whole franchise or what not. This is just my :2c: 

17. LeoMaximus1983

LeoMaximus1983 Well-Known Member

I hear you I really do and I understand the wanting to G1 the conception, but I just feel theres so much juicey stuff of this idea that there are these primitive savage beasts that just naturally breed for combat and destruction i.e predacons, terrorcons by the decepticons and then u get these just as primitive but some what "gentle" creatures in the "Dinobots" Maybe Prime in his supream majesty had conviced these creatures to fight in what you believe in to become apart of something better a world of peace and prosperity. No please do not get me wrong I do not mean turn the Dinos into G1 series 3 personas, they are strong brutal and are driven by animal instinct to crush their enimies, but prime as merly shown them through his words and deeds, respecting them and oh i dunno just something to show that even the most primitive of animals can learn freedom is every beings god given right

18. gobotron

gobotron Active Member

umm..ETHEREAL...i think dinosaurs do have "huge-asses".

anyways, i could care less about dinobots. i thought i would do the poor saps that really want them in the movieverse a favor..oh well. really, they just don't belong. P.S. Fan-wankery is Okay, to each their own.

19. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Threads like these "OMG DINOBOTS FOR TF3" or "TFA BLURR MUST BE ALIVE" or "JAZZ IS ALIVE" are what keeping me from being active on Movie & TFA discussion boards.. :/

20. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Haha, Grimlock scans a billboard with an animatronic t-res head, walks around with a plastered head on a board.