Dinobots in Escalation? Combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Agentknife, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Dinobots being too big for multiplayer maps and balance between classes are the reasons Matt Teiger gave for excluding them from multiplayer. Since Escalation maps are unique to Escalation and are not used for verses multiplayer I see no reason the maps can't be made to accomadate Dinobots. Also the co-operative nature of Escalation should eleminate the balance issues since Dinobot players won't be facing other players with much less powerful bots. When players choose a Dinobot character to play as in escalation there might need to be more or specific "boss" type enemies added so that it remains challenging, also it might be good if AI enemies would try to steer clear of Dinobot players.

It would IMO be possible to add combiners to escalation. I don't know how well it would work but. Combining could be a special ability and once activated by muliple, lets say Combaticons since we know they (and their gestalt form, Bruticus ) are in the game, they would transform into Bruticus. Controling Bruticus with 5 players or even 2-3 players would be difficult and complicated to implement, but here's what I've come up with. Onslaught controls where you go & fires mortor rounds from the Bruticus' back cannons, Vortex controls blocks and cuts with the shield blades, Blastoff controls the gun on the right arm, while Brawl & Swindle control kicks. Now I'm not saying that would be a good system but it COULD be added. Of course if it doesn't work well I say DON'T add it.
    Just a thought, discuss. Mainly discuss the Dinobot idea as I see no reason for that not to work out great.

2. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My dinobot escalation idea would be like a different mode, like you would have standard escalation and then Dinobot Escalation, where all the players have to pick a dinobot and there would be more powerful enemies and maps suited to their alt modes.
    It would avoid any balancing issues assuming most of the dinobots are fairly even.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    some good ideas here. i don't care if they are in normal escalation or dino escalation as long as they are there. having grimlock having the ability to rowr and scare off insecticons and such is cool also.