Dinobots!!! G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus92x, Jan 24, 2007.

1. optimus92x

optimus92x Banned

in g1 do the dinobots combinde into something does anybody know or is there a toy

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't combine but there have been numerous kitbashes

As well as a plethora of fan based drawings resulting in quite a few versions...
    Tyrannoking being one of the more memorable ones...

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Closest you get in toy form is Energon "Mega-Dinobot", who is better off forgotten (though Grim & Swoop are reasonable)

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Forget Mega-who?? Oh yeah, right! :lol 

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Kinda odd how this is a popular misconception. Just this weekend I was talking to a friend who, like most people my age (29) grew up on Transformers but later forgot about them. Ahem. Anyway, he said, "Oh, yeah, I remember the Dinobots! And what was it they combined into?"

I guess he was probably mixing them up with the Constructicons in his mind... or maybe the Predacons, who knows. Anyway, I gently corrected him, thereby cementing my nerdity.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, a lot of people who grew up with the original show when they were kids and then moved away from the franchise have memories of the Dinobots combining. It's an understandable mistake though considering that they were the only special team with the right "magic number five" that didn't combine. Probably for the best though since I think it made them more interesting for it... after all... they never needed to combine to take on Devastator! :lol 

8. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes that is one of the nicer ones , but If you look it has 2 swoop, one for each arm. That the only problem I have with that one. Some one made on but used the dragon beast wars megatron as the main body , and made a lot of custom peices for it.

I have a box of broken dinobots and I keep saying I'm going to work on a combiner dinobot,but I end up using the parts to fix other dinobots for resale. Tho it would be nice to have a custom piece like that in the collection. Most of my spare time is be dump into my 2nd job or in to project around the house. Then what little time I have left is being spent on my custom enter for botcon 07.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There was a picture in the Generations book of a combined Dinobot warrior. Not sure what the deal with that was, I'm guessing it was either a prototype / concept sketch or a bit of fanart / what they would have done had they combined.

The thing with the Dinobots, you see, they were taken from Diaclone (Dinorobo). Diaclone had two combiner groups, Construction Robo (Constructicons / Devastator) and Train Robo (Trainbots / Raiden, who was only ever released in Japan). The Dinorobo were a subset alongside the Insect Robo who became the Insecticons. The reason for there being the five of them was simply to cover the different types of Dino, I think. Diaclone already had combiners covered with the other two groups. When Hasbro brought them all over for Transformers, they opted to leave out the Trains (trains were generally poor sellers in the US market), who would probably have been the combiner to rival Devastator had they been imported. Strictly speaking, the Dinobots would be better rivals to the Insecticons anyway due to their shared themes (A thing that runs through Transformers a lot, opposed or rival groups until recently had opposed themes to them - Cars VS Jets, Vehicles VS Beasts, Dinosaurs VS Insects. It doesn't work the same way for Dinos VS Construction vehicles, unless you get complicated and say creation VS destruction or something). They just ended up fighting the Constructicons a lot because the show writers wanted to give Devastator a worthy opponent, and since the Dinobots tended to be written as the Autobot's brute strength and ace in the hole, they naturally (and rightly) fit into a role opposing Devastator.

10. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I could have sworn there was an episode of the G1 'toon that showed a shadow of the dinobots combined into one huge gestalt, but never showed the actual combined form. This seems to be some mis-remembered figment of my childhood imagination, though.

11. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

Should have been a combiner team. Would have given the Autobots something to go up against Predaking. Could you imagine a battle between Predaking and a gestault comprised of Dinobots? Whoa!