Dinobots are older than The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I know everybody is tired of all the crazy theories out there right now, but just hear this one out because its based in facts the movies have given us.

In ROTF, the beginning shows prehistoric humans chasing a tiger, only to come across what (at the time) was the earliest any Cybertronian had set foot on Earth- the construction of the Solar Harvester.

The Fallen and the seven Primes are regarded as the first transformers, and arrived on Earth for the first time to build the Harvester. Jetfire or another Seeker may have scouted the solar system in the first place during a star hunt, but I don't think that would have involved setting foot on any planets.

This puts the time period in early man's history, but still completely before the rise of the Egyptians.

Now in AOE, with all the ships being rumored to arrived above a PREHISTORIC Earth, this throws everything off.

Grimlock and the Dinobots and whoever else is in that armada discovered Earth long before any Seekers went star scouting in that system, only to..what? Land and blend in? I could understand if it was for some resource like Energon mining, but that's the only plausible explanation I could come up with.

This means that the Dinobots arrived on Earth BEFORE The Fallen had even considered building a Solar Harvester on the planet, probably before anyone even KNEW Earth was out there.

That means the Fallen and the other Primes were the first to meet HUMANS, but not the first Transformers on the planet, and that the Dinobots at least have to be as old as The Fallen/possibly one of the first few Transformers.

Thoughts? Anything I missed?

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    Well, that all seems to check out, but it doesn't mean the Dinobots are older than the Fallen, just, like you say, they got to earth before him. For all we know they could have been travelling the stars long before the Primes needed to search the galaxy for energy.

It's is interesting. I hope aOe explains the timeline of the entire Movieverse a little bit.

3. Gluttobot

Gluttobot Well-Known Member

It would be interesting, and plausible, since Cybertronians have been visiting Earth for a long time, perhaps longer than the movies imply. The next movie could explain indeed.

4. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, ROTF never said that the Primes were the first TFs, but rather their original leaders. So what if the Dinobots are like the Preds from TF: Prime, an ancient race of TFs that predates the current one entirely.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    We have no real idea how the dinobots get their alt modes. For all we know, they could be brand new but scanned dino modes based on skeletons or mad science.

Unless I've missed something that has confirmed that they were here in the dino era and dormant since.

6. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At CinemaCon, they said that
    the bunch of spaceships seen in the trailers land, and there is a real prehistoric Dinosaur seen.Then, there is the logic, right or wrong, of why a Dino would be seen unless it had something to do with the Dinobots.

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, when the fallen and the other Primes are shown building the harvester. It's not prehistoric times lol. It's the dawn of the Egyptian Civilization. Those humans that stumble onto the TFs are native Africans as Egypt is in Africa. And they are chasing a more modern day Tiger. Nothing like that existed in prehistoric times. And while I don't really count the comics as cannon, it was explained in the comics when The Fallen first came to Earth.

The Fallen sent out his Seeker Jetfire to find new systems that had (no) life in them so they could set up these harvesters on a planet close to the star to take the stars energy. Jetfire first found Earth in prehistoric times. But he found that the planet had life. Not intelligent life, but life no less. He reported back to The Fallan and he (The Fallen) went against the "Prime Directive" which was not to destroy a star if its system held any life.

The Fallen ordered his drones and Jetfire to go and set up the Harvester anyway. This plan all started in prehistoric times. Only The Fallen did not tell the other Primes that life existed on Earth. The Harvester was starting to be constucted when te Primes found out that life did exist and ordered The Fallen to halt production. He did but millions of years later, he ordered the construction to continue. That is what we see in the Begining of the ROTF movie. The Primes once again found out and came to Earth to stop The Fallen. They took the Matrix and the rest is history.

Now, I know someone will say "wait, when The Fallen stepped on the Aftican tribesman, the other Primes were there." I don't think they were there yet. I think those were just other TF that followed The Fallen. And the real Primes had only just showed up when Jetfire was explaining how the war broke out. And the reason I say this, is because every TF in that fight on both sides all look like Primes lol. The soldiers even have the same Prime-like look.

To some up

1. Jetfire found prehistoric earth with non intelligent life.

2. The Fallen ordered the Harvester to be built anyway.

3. Other Primes found out and forbid him to continue.

4. The Fallen stopped construction and moved on to other systems with no life.

5. (In the comics) The Fallen got tired of taking energy from stars that had planets with no life and found that even non intelligent life on planets could gain even more energy as the life energy could be sustainable energy for Cybertron too.

6. (In the Comics) The Fallen orders Jetfire and his minions to destroy a star and a world in some random system that has life on it to test out his theory that organic life can also be absorbed as energy. It works and The Fallen is punished for going agains the "Prime Directive". He in turn blames Jetfire and tells the other Primes that Jetfire gave him bad info on the Planet. Jetfire starts to question why The Fallen would turn on him like that. And The Fallen basically tells Jetfire that he did no such thing as the Other Primes are playing them against each other.

7. The Fallen gives the order to go back to Earth and finish the construction of the Harvester there and do the same as with what happened to the planet before. Jetfire does not want to do it but goes anyway. The Fallen, Jetfire and The Fallen's minions are on Earth in What is now the dawn of the Egyption Empire in Africa. Jetfire betrays The Fallen and tips the other Primes off on what The Fallen is doing. Jetfire fights the Fallen but loses. The other primes come and the events of the movie take place. Jetfire is left on Earth to die. He goes through time periods taking on new looks and blending in to hide. And it's not until after he finally takes the SR-71 Blackbird look that he ends up shutting down and going into stasis from lack of Energon.

8. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe they will do something like beast wars, in witch some transformers travel by a portal and end up in prehitoric earth...

9. tonyformer

News Credits:
    We also dont know what happened when Sentinel pulled Cybertron through space as he did. Something that big being pulled and ripped through Space could have changed something or messed with realities.

It could be something like maybe in another reality the Dinobots were sent to Earth to destroy it before The fallen could ever find Earth and cause the events that lead up to war or to destroy Earth before the events take place that cases Sentinel to pull Cybertron through Space an thus the events that Destroyed Cybertron would be stopped if no Earth is there for that battle to take place on?

Only the Dinobots get to Earth and something goes wrong IDK what. But they themselves ended up trapped on Earth or are forced to shut down and have been stimulus there all that time and all the events in the first 3 movies were able to take place anyway.

10. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The year given for the original Prime's activities on Earth was 17,000 BC. Assuming that the Prime's weren't around for 65 million years, that means that the Dinobots would in fact predate them. And, by association, the AllSpark, and thusly all the Movieverse's vaguely defined robotic life.

... Seriously though, don't expect it to start making sense now. This universe's backstory, despite it's relative simplicity and general lack of definition, is extremely half baked and convoluted. I imagine the Dinobot's backstory will see them as something akin to the "Aligned" Predacons, the bestial race that preceded the Transformers. Probably competitors for resources with early Transformers. Some extinction event occurred, and the early TFs sent the remaining Dinobots to the usual trashcan for bad Cybertronian stuff.

11. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was hard enough making the first three films back stories fit together.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    so why is it that just because we only see the Primes in the movie during our planets history of 17, 000 BC that most think that there is no way they could have been alive a lot longer than that? 17,000 BC is the first time they were seen on Earth "by man". That's not proof that they haven't been to Earth much earlier than that. And the First Primes and Cybertron probably were created far before Earth even had any form of life. And if the Dinobots did somehow predate the first Primes, the Dinobots should not have any form of Autobot logos on them or even the same Cybertronain markings as the Primes.

13. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

im gonna agree with UltraWave...Dinobots have been on Earth for millions of years..so I'm gonna assume they are in the same class as Jetfire & The Fallen....which means they are gonna be super-powerful..should be fun.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess a fly in the ointment is we don't know how long Transformers live. I don't remember Jetfire ever giving his exact age in the film and with the Fallen showing abilities that no other Transformer has show so far the life span of a Transformer like the Fallen is really unknown. The Fallen might have already been ancient when he reached Earth.

Then I kind of wonder if they will bring up the dead language thing. Part of the story in Revenge of the Fallen was they couldn't read the old language so how are the Autobots going to communicate with the Dinobots since they likely speak an even older version of Cybertronian?

Like Siccoyote points out it's getting harder and harder to make all the bits fit together nicely when they are just making things up as they go along instead of planning far in advance.

15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would that mean the primes are younger? I mean, the primes arriving on earth after the dinobots doesnt say the primes are younger. The primes could've just gotten there after the other bots, they had been harvesting suns for who knows how long.

16. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    It's really best not to put ROTF into the time line. That movie kinda threw the story off in so many ways, lol. Like, if Optimus was already a Prime, shouldn't he already have the matrix? Stuff like that. I like the film, honestly, but it's really best not to think too hard with ROTF.

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    In the movie verse, the matrix was not used as a symbol of being a Prime. It is the symbol of leadership. In other wards, you don't need the matrix to be a Prime. Even where there was multiple Primes, only one could ever have the Matrix right?

18. Orion Pax 00

Orion Pax 00 Legendary Hero

I know whats gonna happen!

My Momma say " Dinasarr bones where put here by devil to trick us!" She say Dinasoruses not real! Mikal Bay, he work for the devil!

19. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

From this canonically speaking Jetfire is determined to be less than 19,000 years old.

He is from a line of Seekers looking for the Matrix.

20. Orion Pax 00

Orion Pax 00 Legendary Hero

Redwolf be droppin' knowledge. NO disrepsepct to you Ash.
    I like you. Always have. Always will. - Elvis