Dinobot- The Most interesting Predacon of All?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well I've been watching Beast Wars...and the number of episodes with Dinobot doing his thing [the honorable warrior thing you know] and also how he could have gotten info about Starscream and the Golden Disks,etc.

He seems to me to be the most interesting Predacon of them all, not to mention the coolest one in a way. I wonder about his origins and how Megatron recruited him.

And I always wonder about his eye beam weaponry,he seems to be one of the two Predacons who use that type of weaponry[The other being Waspinator] Still though gotta love Chopper Face, and his continual arguments with rattrap....and of course him hijacking Turantulas at Gunpoint, and using Turantulas as a Shield.....

His combat methods just seemed so much better than anyone else in the Beast Wars....Dinobot's just a cool bot, but still it'd have been nice if they renamed him something else other than Dinobot cause it always makes me think of Grimlock and the others.

So what's your opinions on Dinobot from beast wars?

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Fantastic character, he is one of the most well developed and intriguing bots the TF franchise has ever produced. He's part Pred, part Maximal and honorable to boot. His inner struggle with where he fits in was very well played in the series. I don't know if you've seen the whole series yet or not so I won't spoil anything by commenting further.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Dinobot was by far the best character from BW.

Scott McNeil,who voices him,Rattrap,Waspinator,and Silverbolt,is such an incredibly nice guy as well.Every year he comes to an anime convention in Tampa,FL called MetroCon.My best friend knows the ppl that run the con so he gets to work as guest relations,last year he was assigned to Scott.My friend just keep on saying how much Scott truely loves his fans and loves TFs in general.I'm hoping to get to work Metro this year,and my best friend is pushing for me to be assigned to Scott.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fantastic Character among great characters. He along with Rattrap, Waspinator, and a few others are super top notch.

5. Tyjos

I've seen the entire series at least several times, even his Transmetal 2 Clone was honorable to a point....and not above slashing poor Waspinator to confetti when he wanted too!

He also has that shakespear style to him as well....especially when he has the golden disks and is debating on what to do about them.

Still though just got to love his constant arguing with Rattrap that made him even cooler!

And I'm not sure how often he was in the CR Chamber,probably not that much during the whole series but usually when he was it was due to his charge in and face the enemy style of combat.

He even had some of the coolest lines in the whole series....
    Dinobot:Starscream impossible! [Gets shot by Megatron]
    Megatron: We must be careful dinobot, other wise deary me look what happens.

And of course...

Dinobot: I must have been defective to defect!

6. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobot was the first Beast Wars toy I got, which led to my watching the show. He was developed so well, and was given a proper goodbye. Just a cool character.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd say Dinobot is my favourite character from the whole run of Beast Wars. He develops from the anti-heroic honourable villain who switched sides because there was no honour in his former commander's actions, to a genuinely heroic character who placed saving everything that ever was above all else - twice! His loyalty, his life - he cast it all aside to ensure what was, would still be. He develops a lot before he gets to that, going from the outsider of the group to a character who was still on the periphery, but far more a gruff and tough member of the team than the one who the rest were a little afraid of. His second season development was excellent, and coming back as the evil twin - for anyone else, that would have cheapened the death, but it was made to work and work well for Dinobot, especially when the "old" Dinobot came back at the end for one last hurrah.

Brilliant character. I know I shouldn't, but I always tear up just a little watching his funeral at the end of Code of Hero, especially after that one weekend when I marathoned a big chunk of the series. That is how you kill a character and make their death meaningful. I can't think of many other shows where I felt that way watching a hero go down for what they believed in - not even Optimus Prime gets that reaction from me.

8. Tyjos

I was hoping they'd have Rattrap and Dinobot blast each other to pieces.....that would have been fun to watch.

Watching "Maximal No More" now and got to love his Shakespeare style attitude when it comes to destiny and honor. And especially when he's holding the golden disks it's almost a mirroring of the "To be, or not to be that is the question." thing....

He truly was the best of em all...and yes even his funeral so far the only one that too makes ya want to shed a tear for old chopper face....

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I liked him, just the kind of character you want to root for. His relationship with Primal and Rattrap was endearing, and his death was one of the saddest in the franchises history, yet made you love him even more.

10. Tyjos

Just finished watching "Code of a Hero" By far I think the best written beast wars episode of em all.

I mean seriously Dinobot did some major damage to the preds, 1 bot against 6 Preds....and even going as far as using a stick with a rock on TM Megatron then destroying the golden disk with his last ounce of strength....after watching that it's easy to tear up a bit watching his funeral[Makes ya even want to salute old chopper face] The most epic act of bravery in the entire beast wars as far as I'm concerned...plus he managed to save the human race....if only they knew what that means for the Transformers post G1.....that they'd have to put up with dealing with annoying little humans....

11. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Sorry I had more fun with Tarantulas and Waspinator.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Tarantulas was awesome, he was like, evil insane, but not the lame anime-kind of insane, the badass god traitor of all episodes with awesome laugh kind of insane.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Yeah, I'm rootin' for Tarantulas here.

Aside from his crazy-cool insanity, he also had his crazy-cool transmetal body!

14. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    After watching all the series that have been shown America other than Cybertron, Beast Wars is still the only series where I truly love every character. As for Dinobot, I would probably put him at my second favorite Maximal. Optimus Primal is far and away my favorite Transformers character period (Optimus Prime with more spunk and actual character). I didn't like him quite as much in Beast Machines, but BW Primal was amazing. Rattrap is a close third.

I still think Tarantulas is far too underrated. Beast Wars Megatron is cunning, but I still thought Tarantulas was far more "scary"." Every time Tarantulas is shown I get a creepy feeling in my gut (and it doesn't help that he is a Tarantula).

15. Tyjos

One thing I've noticed in a majority of the eps with Dinobot when he sees Turantulas he pretty much slags him. Almost every ep he's been the one to deal damage to that Treacherous spider.