Dinobot disscusion (No MP?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Nov 4, 2011.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you’re going to place Grimlock on the front page of GI, why not milk it for what it’s worth..? Sure I guess you can rationalize why not having Dinobots in MP makes sense. But on the flip side a great developer would make it plausible, since it’s obvious that most people would love to play as a Dinobot provided it’s done right. I’m I correct?

Is Cyberton one giant Metropolis? Sure they are advanced mechanized life forms but there’s obviously some lower life forms present there, so where do they all reside? What does their periodic table consist of? Does Cybertron look to organics the way humans utilize technology? How about other species…?

I say this because even though the Dinobots are earth creatures there could be a 100 different elements used to make their presence more feasible. A Cybertronian Jungle with creations from their prehistoric past perhaps...? Hell even G1 spoke on this a little with the Quintessons creating the Dweller which was actually part organic. So why is thinking outside the box regarding a fictional world so hard???

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A good developer knows that when something doesn't work, you don't include it in the game, no matter how "cool" it sounds on paper.
    The way I see it, the only way they could make the dinobots work would be if they made maps and gametypes that could only be played by them.

Not sure where you're going with the last two paragraphs, they already explained where the dinobots came from and why they have those forms.

3. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a story issue, it's a balance issue. Grimlock could be so overpowered or completely underpowered in multiplayer. It would kind of compromise the 4 class balance, which they really want to keep.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's entirely possible to add Dinobots to multiplayer. It would require a large overhaul of the system and require their abilities to be balanced for multiplayer but it could be done. The problem is that doing that would cause the rest of the game to suffer. Resources would have to be allocated away from other things. Grimlock would have to become significantly less awesome so he wouldn't be over powered in multiplayer. The maps would have to be much larger to accommodate Dinobots which means fewer maps over all or less detailed ones.

It's the right choice to exclude them.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But what about High Moon?

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it's the wrong choice to smack Grimlock on the front page and promote him as if he'll be a significant part of this game. And not just a cameo/ mission.

KEY WORDS! "If done right (in Multiplayer) people couldn't get enough Dinobot action."

Remember $60 isn't chump change expecially when you throw in all the other 2012 Fall game competition they'll be facing.

So just subtract Dinobot MP as a sells point.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is a big part of the game. He's a central character to the story it seems. Just because he's not in multiplayer doesn't mean he's not important.

Master Chief in Halo is a huge part of the game but he wasn't in multiplayer for Halo 3.

Don't assume multiplayer is the sole reason to play this game.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I can understand why they did it. It was explained all right there in the podcast. The Dinobots are completely separate models, gigantic, have a completely separate playstyle, and there is no explanation for why there would be hundreds of the roaming around Cybertron.

Also, if they gave you that option, EVERYONE would be a Dinobot.

9. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cameo? Grimlock like all playable characters in FOC have specific levels designed to accentuate their ablities and personalities. Some characters like Optimus, I'm sure, might have multiple levels while others get only one.

I think alot of people in the gaming community have lost focus as to what constitutes the "game" part of a video game. By that I mean this, multiplayer started out in the 1990's as iceing on the cake in games like Goldeneye, Turok, believe it or not South Park. There was no online multiplayer, then a few PC games started adding it (Doom was one of the 1st I think) people loved it. Then Microsoft added it to their new gaming console ,the X-Box, via X-Box live. Fast forward to 2006 with the current generation of gaming consoles and online multiplayer is pretty much standard on shooters. To get to the point the campaign portion of a game shouldn't be considered less signifigant than the multiplayer portion of a game. Also HM never said that the Dinobots woudn't be playable in escalation, I suspect they will.

10. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good One!